Audio Issues - PC

by L2K_Lite

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Audio Issues - PC

★★ Novice

I just bought Corsair's new Corsair Virtuoso headset. I have loved the audio quality while playing music but when I play Apex Legends the sound gets muffled and doesn't have any clarity to it. I played a game of gunfight in Modern Warfare and the Audio was exactly (even better) than my last headset was while playing it. I have tried everything, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the headset, uninstalling and reinstalling apex legends, repairing Apex Legends, restarting my computer (multiple times), turning on and off the headset, I tried wireless and wired connections with the same results, etc. I would really love if anyone could tell me what I can do to fix this because I love Apex Legends and want the audio to work normally. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (6,071 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Audio Issues - PC

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

UPDATE: It took a long time to figure it out but when I was in-game, in the audio settings, I looked at the bottom of the page and it said windows stereo audio. So I looked up a bunch of stuff and found a solution. All you have to do is go on windows to settings, system, under "system" is sound, to the very top right of that page there is a setting call "Sound Control Panel", find your headphones, left-click then click "properties", on the top tabs there is "Spacial Sound", then click on spacial sound format (which is off by default) and set it to "Windows Sonic for Headphones". load up the game after that is done and check and see if it says 7.1 Surround sound in the audio settings in Apex Legends. I was surprised no one else really posted anything about it. Hope this helps you. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (6,023 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

UPDATE: It took a long time to figure it out but when I was in-game, in the audio settings, I looked at the bottom of the page and it said windows stereo audio. So I looked up a bunch of stuff and found a solution. All you have to do is go on windows to settings, system, under "system" is sound, to the very top right of that page there is a setting call "Sound Control Panel", find your headphones, left-click then click "properties", on the top tabs there is "Spacial Sound", then click on spacial sound format (which is off by default) and set it to "Windows Sonic for Headphones". load up the game after that is done and check and see if it says 7.1 Surround sound in the audio settings in Apex Legends. I was surprised no one else really posted anything about it. Hope this helps you. 

Message 2 of 8 (6,024 Views)

★ Novice

Hello there, I know it's been a while, but I have the same issue, but the solution did not help me. I just got new headphones for Christmas, same brand as my last ones, just a bit better. Works fine, nice sound when listening to music or using Discord etc. But as soon as I start Apex, the sound is very distant and underwater-like. I am desperate and I have tried so many things. My old headphones work just fine, no adjustments or anything, nice clear sound. Then I plug in my new ones, open up Apex and bam, distant muffled sound. Anyone has the same problem and came up with a new/different solution, please?

Message 3 of 8 (5,276 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue atm. My cheaper void pro's sounded 100x better so far. cant seem to figure anything out

Message 4 of 8 (5,224 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was told to turn of Geforce Instant replay thingy and it worked for me

Message 5 of 8 (4,984 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@L2K_Lite When mine's go 7.1 surround. The sound is worse and only picks up audio from where I'm facing. the background sound the voicelines get completely muffled unless I turn that side! please help.
Message 6 of 8 (3,846 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ScytherXI Add +miles_channels 2 to the launch commands for the game, that should help.
Message 7 of 8 (3,680 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i did everything that you told and still when i open apex i hear it so bad that it sounds like 10c headset its so muffled like when ur using airpods and somone calls you when youre looking a youtube video

Message 8 of 8 (182 Views)