Audio Issues Apex Legends

by Sp_Witrens17

Original Post

Re: Audio Issues Apex Legends

★★ Novice

i have a really good headphone cosair hs50 and it happens to me i have a good cpu ryzen 7 2700x and a good gpu 1660ti all settings are set to low (to achieve maximum fps) but i still get audio delays. i am using a really good (could be better internet) optimum 300 (well its trash but immon a budget) but it still lags. also i am connected to the router via ethernet.  help us devs!

Message 41 of 52 (1,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been getting this bug too recently. I'm using an external USB DAC to drive my headphones which seems to be common for those with this problem. I'm playing on Windows 10 with a Ryzen 2600, an R9290X  and 16GB of RAM. I  suspect the issue involves some kind of CPU bottlenecking as sometimes when the bug occurs my game will slow down and even freeze before catching up and playing ll the audio I have missed. The bug was not present with the same DAC/headphone combo on an older system of mine with a Xeon CPU and 8GB of  RAM and the same GPU

Message 42 of 52 (1,532 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue on xbox one.... so annoying.

Message 43 of 52 (1,487 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same audio lag but on Xbox, what do my sound settings have to do with Apex being bugged? FIX!

Message 44 of 52 (1,123 Views)

★★★ Novice

no problem on my pc, but happen on my ps4 every time in skull ... same for all my friends + lag during gu, fight

Message 45 of 52 (1,099 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Music and lobby volume at 5 and 6 respectively. SE and Diag at 100. Sound in background and convert incoming chat to text on. Play text chat as speech off.

Message 46 of 52 (929 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I turned off voice to text and it didn’t lag twice after about 10 games of lag so that may be it

@EA_David wrote:

Thank you for the details @sutibn. I'd definitely be interested in the sound settings of those still encountering this.

Message 47 of 52 (928 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have Astro A50s. (usb) sounds like a lot of peoples issue too,
also i have a ryzen, which i see a lot have this and the same issue, i stopped playing... playing a shooting game, but not knowing your being shot at.... makes it difficult and well... *

Message 48 of 52 (840 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey, Legends.

There are some really great workaround solutions in here. We'll continue to relay community sentiment to the team and examples of where sound isn't quite right in game, but all the potential fixes you listed here to make the game a more enjoyable experience is super helpful and I wanted to take a moment to thank you.

If anyone else is aware of out of the ordinary troubleshooting fixes feel free to share them here so when others are searching audio issues they can find a great list in this thread. 

Thank you again and good luck in Kings Canyon!

Blueberry.png
Message 49 of 52 (624 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry Does the dev team have any intentions of informing users of a solution to the sound issues?

Its getting difficult to maintain teammates to play with when they get so frustrated by the sound that they won’t play anymore.
Message 50 of 52 (604 Views)