by Zakkuroo

Original Post

Audio Bug (Xbox One)

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Zakkuroo
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. *Shown in clips
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith; Caustic
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? *Shown in clips
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Happens regardless of location
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. In combat
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? No idea
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Has been happening the past couple of days for the week of 03.02.19 (Feb 3, 2019)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? My audio glitches and becomes very loud, laggy, and high-pitched. There are random loud noises, crackling, and static. Usually happens in combat. It is overall deafening when wearing a headset and practically incapacitating.
What should be happening instead? Normal audio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea. Happens seemingly random during combat. Not sure what causes it specifically.

Spoiler
Message 1 of 36 (4,679 Views)

Re: Audio Bug (Xbox One)

★ Novice

I’m also experinencing this audio stuttering. It make the game unplayable. I have to mute my game audio and play just off the voice chat of my teammates. I also use a headsets. This happens pretty much every game I play after a few minutes it’s sounds unbearable and I reset my console and it’ll happen again and again.

Message 2 of 36 (4,655 Views)

★★ Novice

Can you recall what you were doing in-game at the time?

Message 3 of 36 (4,644 Views)

★ Novice
  • I just remember running and looting and the sound slowly starts clipping and it’s increases to the point where the audio is completely messed up
Message 4 of 36 (4,596 Views)

★★ Novice

Alrighty. Just collecting info. Hopefully they get this fixed soon.

Message 5 of 36 (4,584 Views)

★ Novice

It may be linked to supply drops, I hear the sound of it falling and it clips and stutters and makes me lag up a bit

Message 6 of 36 (4,575 Views)

★ Novice

This bug happens to me during every gunfight! Out of all of my friends, none of them have this problem! At times it becomes so loud I have to unplug my mic! It really makes the game hard to play without one of the most important factors in battle royal, which is audio! Please fix soon! 

Message 7 of 36 (4,554 Views)

★ Novice

I reinstalled the game and played a few games and didn’t notice the issue. I haven’t played enough to confirm it. I’m glad other people are having this issue, it’s unbearable lol

Message 8 of 36 (4,503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this same bug occur on PS4. It happens quite often, I would say every game, but not every combat. It only seems to occur when the enemy is rushing my position though, if I'm having a long-mid range battle it's fine. It only occurs when the battle is in close proximity to me. Also nobody else that I play with has this problem occur, which I find strange since I output all audio to headphones and it isn't a problem with my headphones. 

I do hope it gets fixed soon because it honestly hurts my ears every time it happens since it seems to always occur at the loudest available volume. 

Message 9 of 36 (4,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Also getting this issue on Playstation. Has happened 3 times now. No game audio in a match, except laggy voices and gun shots.
Makes determining where enemies are in relation to you very difficult.
Message 10 of 36 (4,435 Views)