by Henkde1e

Original Post

Ascendent unkillable in MP

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Ascendent lost its shield orb in MP and became unkillable.
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How long has this issue been happening? I don't know
Please select your region
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, but it happened after instant-killing two of us, maybe because of combo explosions affecting it while in its animation.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

I do not know exactly how it happened, but after instant-killing a squadmate and me, an Ascendent lost its orb.

The other two squadmates eventually gave up shooting his impenetrable shield and let it kill them or left, I switched over to chrome to see if anyone else had this issue and when I switched back to Andromeda a random person had joined the match and it had its orb back. We were able to finish the match but this seems like a match breaking bug.

Message 1 of 4 (90 Views)

Re: Ascendent unkillable in MP

Community Manager

Thank you for the detailed post. I'm curious, going by the sequence of events did the Ascendant become playable again after the host disconnected? Perhaps this forced a migration and when this happened the ascendant was replaced/reset with a working version of the enemy. 

Hopefully this was a once-off and you won't encounter it again, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for similar reports. 

Message 2 of 4 (74 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Because I switched to Chrome I could not see what was going on in game but this may well be a possibility. 

The Ascendent was the last enemy around and since it is not much of a problem to dodge its attacks when alone my squad tried for a solid 5 minutes to kill it in any way.

All I know is that someone left and someone new joined and proceeded to kill it without a problem.

Message 3 of 4 (60 Views)

Community Manager

That's fine, thanks for the information given anyway. Hopefully you won't see anything like this in future, but please be sure to report any other egregious behaviour. 

Message 4 of 4 (49 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help