Re: Arcade mode stutter on xbox one x

by -DE-Jetlag722

Original Post

Arcade mode stutter on xbox one x

★★ Novice
Arcade mode used to run buttery smooth at launch until the game started receiving updates and now its so choppy and stuttery i cant stand playing it. But online play is smooth besides the on and off lag.
Message 1 of 9 (673 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

since the TLJ patch I have micro stuttering in starfighter assault and arcade mode on my xbox one x. Before that it was like butter comparable to my ps4 pro.

Message 2 of 9 (660 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same problem here on PC. Game is unoptimized or something... I have lags in GA too. Everywhere, my settings are modern, higher than the recommended for the game, and my internet is fast and works everywhere except Battlefront II. 

Message 3 of 9 (641 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh yea. You can't imagine how many times i tried to fix this. I posted tons of post here with videos of the issues, posted on reddit even watched streamers on Twitch and seen that they have the same problem (although most of them said that they cant notice). Galactic Assault has that weird lag or stutter where it stops for a few microseconds very often, starfighter assault and arcade mode has that constant framerate inconsistency. 

Message 4 of 9 (634 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi everyone!

Can I ask if you've noticed any improvement after installing the Night on Endor update today? 

Thanks in advance for replying Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 9 (565 Views)

★ Apprentice

It was one of the first things i tried after updating the game and it works the same. 10v10 arcade stutters like crazy.

Message 6 of 9 (555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Ataashi,

Unfortunately, no. The problem with micro stuttering in starfighter assault and arcade mode still exists on both consoles- xbox one x + s and that since the TLJ patch. 

I reinstalled the game and I also deleted the cache without success.

And this guide does not help:

Try doing a power cycle on you Xbox to clear its cache.

Here is how to:
1.Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
3. Plug the console power cable back in.
4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

I do not have these problems with my PS4 Pro. You have to bring the game on xbox back to the level before the TLJ patch.

Message 7 of 9 (554 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ewok Hunt is the only game mode that dose not lag or dips frames followed by Strike mode. I assume that the game has problems with game modes that have a lot of players on Xbox One and PS4 (not X or Pro) since i seen tons of people playing on those systems and they dont have the same issues as the ones that use the original console version.

Message 8 of 9 (553 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh man you can't believe how much i have tried to tell anyone about this fix since the first patch. So glad that someone else has the same isues because i was starting to think that my console is broken.

Message 9 of 9 (550 Views)