Application r5apex.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware

by DeltaSabre69

Original Post

Re: Application r5apex.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@DeltaSabre69 wrote:

Nah, I already tried it. I tried all versions from the most current to about 5 versions back, and it made no difference. Used ddu every time and repeated my tests.

Now on the new card, everything is back the way I was using it before, no underclocking and no tdr reg tweaks.

It's definitely an issue with the card. 

While that makes it a tad more confusing, it at least helps narrow down the overall issue. I know now if it's not firewall related, that it's hardware related, and to focus on that side.

At least now I can run down a list of hardware/software repair methods.

1] Uninstall and Re-install the graphics card driver

2] Run the Hardware Devices troubleshooter

3] Give access to graphics hardware to applications

4] Disable TDR checker

You don't need to do any of these, just posting it here for others reading the thread.  And of course, those steps are just a general trouble shoot. 

Message 21 of 32 (2,621 Views)

Application r5apex.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

★★ Novice

First post on the Answer HQ because after a week of searching I have literally run out of ideas...

First error: Application r5apex.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware.

Second Error: 0x887A006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is a design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

(Both errors pop up when I try to run Apex)

Here's what I have done in an attempt to fix these problems:

-Running Apex and Origin in Windows 8 compatibility mode, Administrator, override high DPI scaling

-Overclocking and downclocking (I disabled it to see if my game would run but the problem still persists)

-Uninstalling with DDU both Intel and NVIDIA drivers then reinstalling after resetting. (I've tried previous driver versions but no luck)

-Factory resetting (The weird thing is when I factory reset with no updates to the drivers, I could run the game with horrible fps completely low settings including windowed mode and the resolution lower than normal but it's unplayable that way)

-Disk defragmenting and cleaning

-System file scan (sfc /scannow on cmd)

-Attempted boosting with NVIDIA Geforce & Razer Cortex

-Deleting all %temp% files

-Regedit (input # 8 in tdrdelay)

-Disabling all overylays (Origin, Discord, GFE)

I'm really hoping I haven't tried everything so that there is a possible solution to this because I'm kind of disappointed it happened right before the release of the Iron Crown. I've also included my DXDiag file and the screenshots of the errors. Please let me know if there's any more information I need to provide to resolve this issue.

Message 22 of 32 (2,450 Views)

Re: Application r5apex.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

★★★★ Novice

I'd completely forgotten about this thread... the issues came back for me after a little while.

Turned out it was due to RAM compatibility with my board. I was running the XMP profile so I downclocked it a bit ( from 3866 to 3600 ) and I've not had any problems since 

Message 23 of 32 (7,238 Views)

★★ Novice

I think I figured out why it's not working... but I don't know how to solve it.

My MSI Afterburner is constantly losing connection to GPU 1 (my NVIDIA driver) which causes it to stop OC. Whenever I disable one driver it detects the other and I can play the game but at around 1 - 10 fps.

I'm currently trying out different OC software so hopefully, they work.

Message 24 of 32 (2,400 Views)

Community Manager

@DeltaSabre69

Thanks coming back to the post with the solution so others could find it useful. :eahigh_file:

Blueberry.png
Message 25 of 32 (2,393 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What version of Windows are you running? It needs to be bang up to date ideally (1903), along with your nvidia drivers (which should get rid of the tdrdelay reg changes.

Remove all manual over/under clocking and probably reinstall the game. On a 1050 an overclock isn't going to render a noticable improvement in game anyway

Once you've done that, then going over one component at a time is the best thing to do. As I mentioned in my post, try disabling the XMP profile in the MB bios for your RAM. You might find that it is something to do with that that causes these problems. If that stabilizes things, then slowly work your way back up to what the XMP profile is until it falls over again.

If the RAM isn't the issue I'd move onto the GPU. Switch slots if you can. If this fixes it then you probably have a power issue to the first slot.

I am saying all of this however assuming you have no issues playing other games?

Message 26 of 32 (2,382 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Man can anyone help i am having this issue and i cant fix it i have an intel hd integrated graphics my game was working fine before the problem after a while i am getting this issue any fix

Message 27 of 32 (1,552 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue since the last update of Apex Legends and tried all fixes like running Origin and Apex Legends as administrator, allow them through Windows Defender, regex fix and downgrade NVIDIA driver but nothing helps. I have a RTX 2060.

Message 28 of 32 (1,430 Views)

★★ Novice

And now it works again. I suppose the did a server update cause I did not try anything more.

Message 29 of 32 (1,403 Views)

★★ Novice

And all of a sudden I get the error again after playing around 30 games. Frown

Message 30 of 32 (1,384 Views)