Apex won’t stop freezing on PS4

by IH8Weeks

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex won’t stop freezing on PS4

★ Novice

Apex is freezing nonstop and having serious audio lag since last patch. It’s gotten to the point where the game is freezing so bad it’s affecting my PS4.

Message 1 of 10 (5,003 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex won’t stop freezing on PS4

Community Manager

@Fedre007 

Hmm, I see. 

Can we try running through some connection troubleshooting steps to see if that helps at all? Freezes like this can sometimes happen due to connectivity issues, so I'd like to see if that helps stop it from happening again. 

First, I'd recommend starting off with the basic connection steps from the EA Help website. If you're still seeing it after that check out the PS4-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (4,867 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @IH8Weeks

Are you noticing any of the performance icons coming up in-game while this is happening? Also, do you have the game installed on an external hard drive? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (4,927 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent No icons. It actually started to crash my PlayStation and burnt out the hard drive.
Message 3 of 10 (4,917 Views)

★ Novice

Having the same problem on both a PS4 pro and PS4. On Austin, TX server I’m showing 18ms ping and no packet loss. Other servers seem just as bad.

I tried lowering the resolution from the ps pro down to 720 and it didn’t help. 

This first became noticeable on the 24th and got worse through the weekend. Yesterday was better but still very noticeable. Nothing in the game feels smooth, not looting, running, sliding, etc.

I did notice the firing range doesn’t have this problem and neither does the drop. Once I hit the ground it seems to grow worse when other players appear and barely visible when I don’t have anyone else in view.

Message 4 of 10 (4,894 Views)

Community Manager

@Fedre007 

Hmm, I see. 

Can we try running through some connection troubleshooting steps to see if that helps at all? Freezes like this can sometimes happen due to connectivity issues, so I'd like to see if that helps stop it from happening again. 

First, I'd recommend starting off with the basic connection steps from the EA Help website. If you're still seeing it after that check out the PS4-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 10 (4,868 Views)

★ Novice

Went through both the basic and PS4 specific steps on my PS Pro and everything seems to be running smoother. Our PS4, hooked up on wireless, also seems to be running better.

Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 10 (4,828 Views)

Community Manager

@Fedre007 

You're welcome!

Thanks for following up and letting me know how it went. I'm glad to hear it's running more smoothly for you now. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 10 (4,816 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent Hi I’ve tried everything you recommend and it’s still not working. I’ve deleted andre-downloaded apex and it’s still freezing and having audio glitches. What should I do?
Message 8 of 10 (4,767 Views)

Community Manager

@william23mj 

Are you getting any sort of error messages at all? Is the game just freezing up with no messaging? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 10 (4,667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

apex keeps freezing and won’t do anything for several minutes when I’m in ranked, and when I close the application and reboot it I get the abandonment penalty, I’ve currently lost 144 rp like this

Message 10 of 10 (2,446 Views)