Apex won't launch due to steamclient64.dll

by bloodmanA2

Original Post

Re: Apex won't launch due to steamclient64.dll

★★★ Newbie

So Ive been doing a bunch of research on how to fix this, however it seems like none of it is working.

What Im assuming the problem is is that Apex does not recognize the new version of steamclient64.dll, that or the Easy Anti Cheat has not been updated to recognize this version of the game. Im assuming that since the anti cheat doesn't recognize this version, it does not want to ruin it incase of the potential of it being a mod/hacking software. Again only my assumption.

The easy solution is just to download the game through origin, it should work just fine.

Here are the things I have tried thus far, none have not worked so I don't recommend using these unless you want to try and find more answers, I'm just listing things I've done so they don't need to be repeated. Again I don't recommend doing these things to expect it to work, but it may work for the very small minority.

-Reinstalling Graphic card version

-Tried running in Clean boot

-Replacing the steamclient64.dll with an older version of it (steam auto update replace it anyway, maybe there might be a solution around this but I could not find out how, might be against TOS for tampering but again I don't really know.

-Verify Game file integrity

-Tried running in Dev mode

-Reinstalling Easy Anti Cheat

-Tried running without Easy Anti Cheat

-Repaired Easy Anti Cheat

-Ran my Pc with Easy Anti Cheat Disabled while installed

If you guys find anything else that may potentially work let me know, Ill see if it works. 

Message 11 of 20 (527 Views)

★ Novice

i went to apex legends program files-steam steam apps - common- apex legends- easy anticheat- delete the certificates and it may work..... keep in mind the first time i did this it not not work. i decided to try it one more time and it worked i may just be lucky but best all luck to all  

Message 12 of 20 (690 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

exact same error, waiting for reinstall to finish then trying @Zesty_Elliott 's fix

Message 13 of 20 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

new steam client update available, seems to have resolved the issue.

Message 14 of 20 (651 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

ok, reinstall finished, and "steamclient64.dll" has been deleted, so no more issues with easy anti-cheat failing. i now just have a steam message that compiles every time i hit "OK"

Message 15 of 20 (627 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MisterShramp go to apex location, then open the easy anti cheat folder, run EasyAntiCheat_Setup as administrator and click repair service, worked for me
Message 16 of 20 (618 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Go to local installation files, select the r5apex and EasyAnticheat_Launcher, left click, select properties , choose compatibility , check the Run this program as administrator. Do this to the r5apex and EasyAnticheat_Launcher only and you'll be good Standard smile

Message 17 of 20 (598 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Cuakyn had a really weird steam client update like @Zesty_Elliot mentioned, games working now. ill kep my eye on it, never had an error like that one before
Message 18 of 20 (595 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After closing and re-opening my steam 10mins prior, I've just received a steam update, rolling back to it's previous update as they address the Anti-Cheat issue affecting various games.

Hopefully everyone's gucci now 

Message 19 of 20 (2,120 Views)

Community Manager

Good morning. Popping in to mark @UzumakiTeto's post as correct, this should be rolled back and working as normal now. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 20 of 20 (512 Views)