Re: Apex will load the easy-anticheat, and won't launch the game.

by THEONLYraider

Original Post

Apex will load the easy-anticheat, and won't launch the game.

★ Novice

I click play. 

Easy anticheat launcher loads the blue bar all the way to the end. (I see it on in task manager)

It goes away. (If it was working normally it'd load up the actual apex legends game now)

The Origin Client pops up onto my screen. (The easy anticheat launcher disappears from task manager)

Nothing happens. Game does not play.

I've tried reinstalling both Origin and Apex.

I've tried turning off various malware protections and windows defender.

I've tried repairing Apex.

I've tried starting it in a different language.

I've tried just directly joining a friend's game.

The only thing that ever happens is that the Origin Client shows up instead of the game.

I have another laptop that I 'can' load the game up on, but it's not strong enough to play it well. It's just this laptop for some reason that I have the problem. I was able to play normally a few days /  a week ago. I don't know what changed.

Message 1 of 4 (297 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having this exact issue since the last update. What bugs me is that I won't be able to complete the season pass that I had JUST purchased. Common EA.

Message 2 of 4 (233 Views)

★ Apprentice

Having the same issue too, and haven't been able to solve it with any of the suggested fixes :/

Message 3 of 4 (222 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Just used the system file checker to make sure my windows installation is not corrupted. (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...)

It came back clean :/

Message 4 of 4 (213 Views)