Apex update stuck

by ReinEverist

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex update stuck

★★★★★ Newbie

Ive tried to update apex, but its stuck. So i decided to do repair game. But everytime i got to 13gb/16gb my speed suddenly drops to 0 while i still can use my internet for other purpose, and everytime i try to pause then resume it, it restart from zero, and ive tried it about 5 times

Message 1 of 3 (1,429 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex update stuck

★★★ Apprentice

First close Origin. Then on your dekstop create new text document and put inside these commands:

[connection]

EnvironmentName=production

[Feature]

CdnOverride=akamai

Then save as EACore.ini

Save as txt. document. On dekstop will apear new file. Launch Origin it will tell you to use new configuration file on dekstop press YES you have 10 seconds. You will be launched in [R&D] MODE. Now you can try to download the game. The EACore file will be deleted from your dekstop as soon as you import it! If you ever want to leave [R&D] MODE you just need to go to the location where Origin is installed and delete this file! Hope it helps you!Wink

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,395 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ReinEverist I had the same problem, it eventually download after waiting 2 minutes but in the end, I got a message telling me I had no more space. Like the upd.. game is 20 gb, I had 50 gb free and it wasn't enough. In the end I finally managed to download and install but only after making 30 gb more space...
Message 2 of 3 (1,407 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

First close Origin. Then on your dekstop create new text document and put inside these commands:

[connection]

EnvironmentName=production

[Feature]

CdnOverride=akamai

Then save as EACore.ini

Save as txt. document. On dekstop will apear new file. Launch Origin it will tell you to use new configuration file on dekstop press YES you have 10 seconds. You will be launched in [R&D] MODE. Now you can try to download the game. The EACore file will be deleted from your dekstop as soon as you import it! If you ever want to leave [R&D] MODE you just need to go to the location where Origin is installed and delete this file! Hope it helps you!Wink

Message 3 of 3 (1,396 Views)