Re: Apex server congestion?

by kartikins

Original Post

Apex server congestion?

★★★ Novice

Apex has been lagging a lot for the past 2 weeks, 100% sure it's not my internet connection that's the problem. All the red icons pops up frequently. I also struggle to get connected at the start of the game (Main menu)... This is really frustrating. Especially after dealing with 220ms Ping. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,719 Views)

Hey @AdleighAdams 

That doesn't sound fun, let's start troubleshooting. Wink

Have your already troubleshooted your connection?

Take time to try all these steps, they don't take very long and could maybe solve the issue.

EA Help - Troubleshoot Connection

Let me know if this solved the issue. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,686 Views)

★ Novice
@Zeelmaekers He's not alone. Prediction icon every damn game. Playing on frankfurt it flashes on and off all the way down to 30 players remaining.
Message 3 of 6 (1,649 Views)

★ Novice

i currently

have the same issue, did you get it solved ?

Message 4 of 6 (1,393 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi do you found an solution for fix ??

Message 5 of 6 (1,272 Views)

★ Guide

@Bullekaj @Zeelmaekers

I have been having the same problem for the last few days as well. I am getting prediction errors ALL the time. Some games it isn't too bad, others I am teleporting every couple of seconds and not only is it unplayable but starts to make you nauseous. It really seems to be a case of which game server I am connecting to (so far as I know choosing a data center has nothing to do with which game server you get sent to?)

I have tried everything from clearing cache, fixing files to doing a factory reset on router. I wonder if this is due to increased activity due to the Corona lockdowns?

Is there any way to control and monitor the game servers Apex connects to? I would rather wait a few extra mins to find a game if I am going to connect to a server I know works well - normally in Source games you have access to all this info but for some stupid reason all this info and control seems to be hidden in Apex.

It's very frustrating cos you never know whether it's going to be a playable game or an unplayable one. And that isn't really fair on random teammates either.

Message 6 of 6 (1,257 Views)