Apex season 5 packet loss issue

by lubedandlost

Original Post

Apex season 5 packet loss issue

★★★ Newbie

before season 5 i had no problem with apex or any issue like this but recently i have decided to come back and play for the new season and since then i've had huge packet loss in game but only in public match anything else if fine. is there a way to fix this ?

Message 1 of 16 (3,298 Views)

Re: Apex season 5 packet loss issue

★★★ Guide

How does the latency look on the other servers? If you manually try to change, even if it seams to have higher MS, is the issue there as well?

Message 2 of 16 (3,254 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've also run into this issue and the game is essentially unplayable. I repaired the game, didn't work, then I uninstalled the game and did a fresh install, nope. After those two things fizzled I tried to change the server and even servers with "0" packet loss prompted me with the packet loss emblem. I even tried to mess with my firewall and I've found no solution. So far I'm glad I haven't bought the season pass, the hit registry alone is reason enough but since I can't play the game without stuttering around the map I'm pretty much done with Apex until they get their * together.

Message 3 of 16 (3,212 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue with spikes in latency once I am in game. Makes no sense that this season is different. Using game server ping it just spikes to 5000Ms and unplayable but if I alt tab out it goes down. It has to be server side as none of my other games do this. 

Message 4 of 16 (3,172 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@lubedandlost copying my reply from other thread
I have this issue as well connecting to EU servers. What's important to note is that the game worked flawlessly before this for months and randomly started happening maybe May 5th or 6th for me. It will sometimes play flawlessly, then sometimes get packet loss so severe that the game becomes so laggy that players are moving every few seconds then freezing for a few seconds. Frame rate stays fine, but player models and textures turn really really bad quality when this happens.

Things I've tried:

UOTrace - everything fine on my end, even tested when I'm getting the symptoms and I'm not seeing more than 2% packet loss.

Flushing DNS

Changing DNS

Restarting Router

Changing Router WiFi channel (and PLEASE do not tell me to go wired, my wifi isn't the problem, I have 0-1ms ping to my router and 0% packet loss, it's like 10 feet away)

UPnP is enabled

Changing in-game settings, graphic card settings

Playing on VPN closer to various servers (only makes it laggier)

Using phone as a hotspot

Running Adw MAlware bytes

IPconfig renew and release

Netwinsock reset

Looking at network adapter drivers

Endless speed tests to see if it's just the ISP spiking

Changing in-game servers endlessly to no avail

The game ran great 99% of the time until 10 days ago, other games run great, I can stream video, the game itself runs great maybe 25% of the time now. This is some floating variable and I think it's server side. I don't see how it could be on my side or even the ISP given the weird times that it happens. It can happen during really low traffic times for local traffic (past midnight or middle of work day).

My theory is that it had something to do with updates to the servers leading to S5 because that's when it started. Maybe servers been rotating in and out to be updated, maybe it's part of the update, I don't know. I wish it were client side, because then I'd fix it - however it's really weird that only some of us are affected and not others.
Message 5 of 16 (3,142 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@AlGhiorso yeah, the packet loss issue occurs on my side as well, this is 100% server issue not our connection.
Message 6 of 16 (3,083 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@alreadyVintage really wish we could just get some acknowledgment from EA on this other than the generic "use our connection troubleshooter" copy pasta.
Message 7 of 16 (3,049 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Updating to say - I'm now getting lag mostly around other players. Example - I've had 2 games where I've landed, looted, everything's good. As soon as I'm near enough to hear enemies, the game textures and models degrade rapidly, I get prediction error icon, and the game becomes incredibly laggy and unresponsive resulting in me dying right away. 

Message 8 of 16 (2,984 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have problem that i start game i paly 2-3 game everythink is OK  than next game its starts lagging and i can see that red squares on the top right of my screen my friends didnt have that problem when we are playing together its doing thing like i can hit anyone coz everyone is lagging when i restart game its ok but who want to restart game every time after 2 games

Message 9 of 16 (2,969 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue for the last week there is packet loss on every server, I'm not playing anymore till it's fixed.

It continues on to every server. This was at 2:45 PST u.s time.

Message 10 of 16 (2,539 Views)