Re: Apex season 5 packet loss issue

by rossthewarrior84

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same here. Since the start of S5 we had a problem with no regs, but after fixing that, a new problem came out. All 4 icons of connection pop up in every match i play. Recently i found a "fix" that lets you play 4-5 rounds without those lags and icons, the thing is, you have to restart origin, not the game, and after that you can play 4-5 games without lags but then lags will come back and doesn't matter what is it,a pub match or a ranked match. Today even that method didn't do much, i could play only 2-3 rounds without a lag and then it started again. It's unplayable and i hear from many other that they have lags too, even my teammates in game sometimes say same that they lag and they are RANDOMS (I said it for you not to think that they are my usual friends in game) and i tried to change from Frankfurt to other channels but even if there is no packet loss shown, there IS a packet loss and it's horrible, i can't even move in game, and when it happens it won't stop till i die, the picture lags, and boom i am dead. EA pls respond and do something, make a fix, stop ignoring this. I got errors like code leaf and some other errors that i haven't seen before. 

Message 11 of 16 (894 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have noticed this since S5 as well. My packet loss issue is a few games out of the night I will freeze (not the game itself but connection wise) and get the packet loss symbol.. It usually lasts for 5-8 seconds. It happens usually only once in that said game and also not every game. I have never had the issue before and I do not see any packet loss on my end when I test my connection. Nor experience any connectivity issues on other games or applications.

Message 12 of 16 (827 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem now and I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be fixed for some reason. I'm not sure if it works for you guys? I guess Apex is just gonna rest with me. 

Message 13 of 16 (793 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is exactly what I am going through , 100 % agree with you 

Message 14 of 16 (723 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have noticed it is worse around other players !

Message 15 of 16 (723 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this problem as well and found that the issue is some device along the route path to the Apex servers.   That device is having packet loss, and this is not the fault of Apex.

So what can we do in order to solve this?  We have to force our internet to take a different path to Apex servers.  Now how exactly is that done?  We can't tell our ISP to use a different route.  However with the use of a VPN we can connect to a location that does take a different route.

I've created this VPN using OpenVPN.   https://vpn.disc4life.com   This is on a server in Michigan.  Once you connect to the VPN it will route your traffic through the network the server is connected to.  While this will increase your ping by what ever ping it takes to get to the server this has allowed me to go from 5-20% packet loss to 0 packet loss.  

The VPN has a 4096 bit encrypted SSL for the server, and it also generates a 4096 bit encrypted SSL for each person that signs up.  The server has a 1Gb connection so it can support many users at once.  Once you register and verify your email address on the website there are instructions for how to connect to the VPN server.  Its very simple. It generates the file required to connect, you just have to download the OpenVPN client and place the file in the right directory.   The registration process encrypts your password as well so I can't see that information.

For now I've made it completely free.  I'll be making improvements to the website as I just started making it last week and I'm not very experienced when it comes to website coding.  If you're close to Michigan +25 ping is a lot better than 5-20% packet loss.  Give it a try! 

Message 16 of 16 (625 Views)