Apex running in background, but never loads

by LuckyLukse

Original Post

Apex running in background, but never loads

★★★★ Novice

Hey all. So basically the title kind of explains it. The game will load up, be running if I bring up the task manager, but never loads. I have to restart my PC in order to boot the game. I have tried repairing, re-installing, re-installing Origin, disabling any firewalls, nothing seems to work. 

Any ideas of what could be causing this? 

I tried to look at the items that are running upon start up VS the things on after my pc has been running (which is when the game will not properly launch) 

Thanks

Message 1 of 25 (5,562 Views)

Re: Apex running in background, but never loads

Champion
@LuckyLukse Could you please tell me what hardware your pc got?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 25 (5,510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I've gotten this bug a couple of times and I might have a fix for you. If Apex Legends doesn't load even when running in background, first then go to your task manager, then end the task for Apex and try to launch Apex again. Whenever I got this launch bug I did this and it would work.

I hope that this helps!

Message 3 of 25 (5,483 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EzyHawk Sure thing!
OS - Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362
CPU - Intel i7-4790k @ 4.9ghz, 4cores
GPU - Nvidia Gforce gtx 1060 6gb
16gigs of ram

Anything else you may need?
Message 4 of 25 (5,476 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@TriggerWordz I did try this, also shut down origin completely as well as their anti-cheat software. Nothing seemed to work.
Message 5 of 25 (5,475 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@LuckyLukse Aw man, hopefully you can fix this bug.
Message 6 of 25 (5,465 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@TriggerWordz Yeah, that and I get horrible stuttering and d/c's upon trying to load into a game. Its insane how unstable this game is compared to everything else I play.
Message 7 of 25 (5,459 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hey @LuckyLukse, maybe disabling fullscreen optimizations will done the problem.

Message 8 of 25 (5,369 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Sick1Click I currently have it on borderless windows with everything turned down to low because of that issue to see if it helped, but it didnt. I assume its my ram because the game takes up to 40-50% of my computers power... somehow.
Message 9 of 25 (5,360 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@LuckyLukseRAM could be possible. Did you enabled XMP in bios? If not, do it. 16GB RAM are enough for apex by the way.

Message 10 of 25 (5,347 Views)