Apex restarting/crashing my PC

by Officer_NoodIes

Original Post

Apex restarting/crashing my PC

★★★ Newbie

i've been having this issue recently where apex and ONLY apex crashes my pc forcing it to restart randomly at any point during the game. It's fine in the menus, it's fine in loading screens but at some point during gameplay it could be early, middle or late in the game (sometimes it lasts 1 match and i can play another before crash) it will just restart my pc without warning. I've stress tested all my components and every test comes back with 0 errors, I've reset windows, I've changed power settings, lowered graphics to potato and even tried playing on a lower resolution. Nothing has solved the crashing.

I've included below my DxDiag. Any help would be appreciated

My DxDiag

Message 1 of 2 (257 Views)

Re: Apex restarting/crashing my PC

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Officer_NoodIes
You can try disabling XMP profile in BIOS. Your overclocks or timings may be unstable. It would probably BSOD isntead of restarting, but you can still try. When PC restarts like this its most of the time insufficient/faulty power suply or Windows error, so if youre stress-testing make sure youre testing all components at the same time, especially CPU+GPU. I dont think any game can restart your PC, I think only system can do that. Its most likely system related error.

First before taking appart your PC you always wanna do system file checker scan from cmd or just reinstall Windows with formating system drive which can help lot of the times. If you find out that you have constantly corrupted system files after some time of using Windows, then you most likely have unstable overclock or timings on your RAMs which causes system data to get corrupted while writing on them. Or it can be the SSD itself which would mean that its about to fail very soon.

Message 2 of 2 (232 Views)