Apex not recognizing all VRAM

by Radiaators

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex not recognizing all VRAM

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have a GTX1050 with 2gb of VRAM, but in game when I set my Texture Streaming Budget to 2gb a warning pops out(check the attached image). It only recognises 1977mb instead of 2000. Does this impact my performance and if it does is there a fix?

Message 1 of 4 (1,780 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex not recognizing all VRAM

Community Manager

Hey @Radiaators

This is normal. Some of the VRAM will be reserved, so you won't see the exact amount. 

If you open up your Task Manager in Windows and click on your GPU under the Performance tab you'll see the reserved amount where it says Hardware reserved memory

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,736 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Radiaators

This is normal. Some of the VRAM will be reserved, so you won't see the exact amount. 

If you open up your Task Manager in Windows and click on your GPU under the Performance tab you'll see the reserved amount where it says Hardware reserved memory

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,737 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent thanks for the reply, should i keep the texture streaming budget on 2gb or on none in that case?
Message 3 of 4 (1,723 Views)

Community Manager

@Radiaators 

Setting it to 2GB would probably be OK, but if you notice any sort of stuttering you might be better off leaving it at "none." The textures might not look all that sharp, but that should get you better performance.  

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (1,716 Views)