Re: Apex not displaying full screen on lower resolution

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Apex not displaying full screen on lower resolution

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So my laptop has a 4K screen, but not the capability to run Apex well on 4K (~13fps). So I figure I'll just try and change the display size down to 1080p (1920x1080), and instead of dropping the quality at the same size, it decides to shrink the game down where it fills roughly a quarter of the screen. Fullscreen makes the game freak out and not fix it. Is there something I'm doing wrong or can Apex not run like this on lower resolutions?

Apex Error.jpg

Edit: (Attached Image). ^ Here's how my game looks.

Message 1 of 6 (2,113 Views)

Community Manager

@PerXshA 

Would you mind uploading a DxDiag for us so we can look at your full system specs? Did you put any Command line arguments in Origin/Apex Legends?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (2,085 Views)

★ Novice

Here's the DxDiag. Also no, I haven't changed or put in any command-line arguments in Origin or Apex.

Message 3 of 6 (2,077 Views)

Community Manager

@PerXshA 

Can you update your Nvidia driver to the latest version and download the latest Windows 10 build update? Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates.

It's possible the game is trying to launch off the Intel chip, if you go to your Nvidia Control Panel (right-click on desktop) you can select Apex to launch from your GTX 960M.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 6 (2,059 Views)

★ Novice

So I have my windows on the latest version and updated my Nvidia drivers, I made sure to run with my 960M instead of the chip even though it defaults to the 960M. None of these seemed to have any effect on anything and it's still being weird.

Message 5 of 6 (2,036 Views)

Community Manager

Can you try a clean boot and then immediately right-click on Origin to run as administrator?

Let's see if it's a third party program running in the background causing the FPS to drop.

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 6 (2,012 Views)