Apex loading screen stuck in Steam

by NitefireOP

Original Post

Apex loading screen stuck in Steam

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello everyone, is anybody else experiencing the issue where Apex on Steam just keeps staying stuck on the wheels turning screen?

Message 1 of 27 (2,419 Views)

Re: Apex loading screen stuck in Steam

Community Manager
@NitefireOP Is this still happening?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 27 (2,388 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium yup, still a problem Frown
Message 3 of 27 (2,376 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem after support unlinked the wrong ea account with my steam account

Message 4 of 27 (2,355 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem; my Steam account was already linked to my Origin account way before it was on Steam though. Connectivity steps don't seem to help, neither does reinstalling.

Message 5 of 27 (2,350 Views)

Community Manager
@KrownJules If this has happened I would recommend reaching out to an EA Advisor to confirm your account information is correct and linked to the account you are trying to use.

http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 6 of 27 (2,334 Views)

Community Manager

@NitefireOP  Can you try going through our Basic and Advanced Connection steps and see if this helps us connect and get into a lobby? 

Illium.png

Message 7 of 27 (2,333 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@NitefireOP me too dude, origin removed my connection with steam by itself, makes no sense...it worked yesterday but last night it stopped working and stuck on the loading screen, checked the EA page and Steam was removed from connections.
Message 8 of 27 (2,291 Views)

★★ Novice
@alien_tickler Agreed, I had my Apex linked to Steam way back since like Season 4 and after contacting support/checking my EA page, Steam connection had been removed.
Message 9 of 27 (2,234 Views)

★★ Novice

I suspect that this disconnect regarding the Steam link is what's causing the infinite loading screen, which is kind of a double-edged sword since because of the loading screen I can't login my EA details via the Steam-launched Apex.

I installed a second copy on Origin, and that one runs fine - but clicking on the "link Steam" via that part brings me to a blank page: 
https://accounts.respawn.com/steam_login.php, seems broken. Sucks because I unlinked my Steam through Apex to try connecting via the Origin launch, so now I have no idea how to cross-play with my friends who've shifted to Steam, since they're uninstalled Origin.

Message 10 of 27 (2,232 Views)