Apex legends wont launch?

by Whxlf

Original Post

Re: Apex legends wont launch?

★★★ Newbie

Apex Legends is not compatible with AMD Phenom processors, so it's basically unavailable to a lot of gamers. The game tries to launch and then just stops. I don't think EA has any intention of fixing this problem.

Message 81 of 196 (3,888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

FIX IF YOU USE AVAST!!

My problem was that the game failed to launch after the anticheat loaded. What I did to fix was go into my settings in AVAST, and disabled the behavior shield. Now it launches fine, and you can re enable the behavior shield after launch. You will need to do this every time unless you find a way to make an exception (I am too lazy). Hope that worked for everyone who uses AVAST!

EDIT: The failure to launch problem was not followed by an error message or anything. The game just simply failed to launch.

Message 82 of 196 (3,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fix if you use AVAST.

My problem was that the game failed to launch after the anticheat loaded. What I did to fix was go into my settings in AVAST, and disabled the behavior shield. Now it launches fine, and you can re enable the behavior shield after launch. You will need to do this every time unless you find a way to make an exception (I am too lazy). Hope that worked for everyone who uses AVAST!

EDIT: The failure to launch problem was not followed by an error message or anything. The game just simply failed to launch.

Message 83 of 196 (3,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue . For example when i start up For Honor it crashes on the spash screen , Apex legends reacts as same as for honor Frown and i am really dissapointed 

Message 84 of 196 (3,768 Views)

★ Novice

So should I just delete the game completely, or they will fix it?

Message 85 of 196 (3,765 Views)

★★ Novice

I5 4570, 8Gb DDR3, GTX 1060Ti

and the game isnt working, my pc has nothing to do with it, its EA's problem

hopefully they'll fix it.

Message 86 of 196 (3,722 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have a q8200 and i played anthem on ultra w a 1070 lol, little laggy but it played. no reason why this shouldnt work when i can play 4k GTA V ultra @ 45 fps

Message 87 of 196 (3,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have changed the language of the game in the origin laucher, had the english selected, switched to spanish and suddenly works.

Message 88 of 196 (3,586 Views)

★ Novice
Changeing the language helped. When I did a manual repair, it didnt work, but by changing the language it downloaded my fix
Message 89 of 196 (3,523 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

3 days later, the game still won't launch for me. 

When doing some troubleshooting, I attempted to launch Easy AntiCheat by itself, and the file "Easyanticheat.sys" made Windows crash. 

Great software!!!!

Honestly, I don't even want it to launch anymore.

Message 90 of 196 (3,484 Views)