Re: Apex legends wont launch?

by Txoolaj

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

this is a bug related to the software running on the CPU and not the actual setup. (Illegal Instruction errors are CPU dependent but are also cause by software errors, in other words the problem is not with YOUR hardware but the instruction set in which your hardware is being asked to compile)

The devs have overlooked something and that is why you/we are here and so the so called "fixes" below are futile.

The game as usual has not been tested as it should have been tested before release so anyone who downloads it today is actually a BETA tester for free, there is no such thing as "Free" btw. So don't bother with setup advice as it's not what's throwing this error and if your system is running fine then DO NOT update or change anything to get this game to run. This is a DEV side error and they know it.

Message 51 of 196 (12,306 Views)

★★★ Novice
One thing i have noticed is that when the game starts loading my fps shows first 800 then higher and higher untill it reaches like 1400 and then the game just closes
Message 52 of 196 (12,274 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I cannot (like many) get past the load screen.

Message 53 of 196 (12,260 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here im just going to wait for it to come out on steam is it ever dose

Message 55 of 196 (11,701 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I'm unsure if it will. Considering Titanfalls are on origin and not steam
Message 56 of 196 (11,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Guys,

I'm on the PC and My Apex Legends didn't run, tried various things:
- close and restart game
- restart computer and game
- repair / update game through Origin app
- uninstall Origin app and re-install.
- and some random things like toggling off 'syncing', closing other background programs.

HOWEVER, none of that worked for me. When restarting Origin I got a message that there's been an update for Apex LEgends. I clicked update again and still not worked. Then I found EA's general troubleshooting telling me to find the executable file for Apex Legends and through properties assign that it can run as administrator, to allow updates to be done. I did that. Now I can play again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/

Wishing you luck guys! And if it works for you, pls drop a message.

Message 57 of 196 (11,375 Views)

★★★ Newbie
iot wont come out on steam its an ea game therefore it will stay on origin
Message 58 of 196 (11,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

There is a fairly simple fix.  When your firewall asks for permission it doesn't take into account its connecting through different servers/languages.  The changing of language works for some people because it will reprompt you to accept access.

This will work for Windows 10 users.

• Type into the start menu windows defender firewall
  • Select "Allow an app or feature through windows defender firewall"
  • In the list look for Apex Legends
  • At this point you will notice there is more than one
  • You will want to allow the all of them for example (Apex Legends (English) en_US)

Restart the game or just tab back in to it as it will have most likely connected after this.

Message 59 of 196 (11,001 Views)

★ Novice

so far none of these "fixes" have worked for me. 

Message 60 of 196 (10,755 Views)