Re: Apex legends season 5 constant crashing

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Apex legends season 5 constant crashing

★ Novice

I’m on Xbox one s and since season 5 came out I’ve been sent back to main menu 3-4 time per game and it’s not just once or twice it’s every game, I rejoin the game but it’s constant, any suggestions on how to fix?

Message 1 of 6 (1,325 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello there, @gingershaun890.

Could you possibly elaborate a little more on the technological symptoms that happen before, during and after you see this problem occur? I may be able to diagnose the problem for you.

V/R

Abaddon_Nine

Message 2 of 6 (1,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The game crashes usually at the start of a match for me on the character select screen or right after the match starts just goes straight to the dashboard. Only have had this issue since season 5 and I've been playing from the start every day. I'm on xbox 1x 

Message 3 of 6 (898 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Justin92510

I'd like to try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help fix the crashes you've been getting. 

In some cases this type of crash can actually be related to a connection issue. The connection may be timing out, causing the game to crash. Let's start off with some connection troubleshooting to see how that goes. A good place to start off would be with the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website. If you're still having any trouble after that check out the Xbox-specific steps as well. 

Let me know how that goes for you once you've had a chance to give it a shot. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (862 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, I understand this chat is dead but I'm giving myself some hope... 

I keep getting an error that says something along the lines of; assets\/promo.pak*Date* | Then the game crashes (Always after I enter lobby and can't even get into game)

Message 5 of 6 (266 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Yup_Its_CadMerc

Usually on PC we can get around that error by tracking down the specific .rpak file and deleting it. Unfortunately that isn't really possible to do on console. It may be necessary to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game itself since we can't go in and delete specific files. 

I know that can be time consuming, but if you're able to give it a shot I would appreciate it. Let me know how it goes once you can try it out. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (247 Views)