Apex legends randomly freezing for short periods

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number nvidia rtx 2080ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Robertil367
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. many different areas
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. running/fighting/dropping in
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? random
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10/19/19
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? My screen freezes, i can move again after 3-5 seconds.
What should be happening instead? i should not be freezing.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i don't know

My screen will freeze and then catch up after 3-5 seconds. i only started having this problem after the season 3 patch. I saw that it was addressed in todays update, but it happened again while i was playing this evening. All drivers are up to date.

Message 1 of 4 (2,492 Views)

Re: Apex legends randomly freezing for short periods

★★★ Newbie

Hey dude! I got pretty much the some problem. Sometimes, the game just feezes for 5-7seconds. During that time, there is no audio or anything from the game, the game is in full stop. However, I have been playing apex since launch (around 500hours played) and these freezes started to happen just after season 3 (new map) launch, so around 2weeks ago. 
Its hard to track this problem down. I tried to monitor my CPU and GPU temperatures, nothing to see there. Both GPU and CPU usage also seem normal. Yet this occurs 4-5 times a day (lets say i play around 2hours a day). Note that this happens only in Apex, tho i play games like Dota2, CSGO, Witcher 3.

Some of my PC specs:
I5-9600k @ 4ghz

RTX 2080
16gb DDR4 3200MHz
ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING

Hope someone can tell me how to fix this. To me it seems like this is either because of newest Nvidia drivers or the newest season patch of apex.

Message 2 of 4 (2,459 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Rakkigoira This has happed for my PS4 as well. Once the HD texture download was complete , Apex completely bugged out . It lags and the audio skips as well. It has my screen frozen for the same amount of time the continues the task it was doing. Before the HD download it worked fine never had a problem
Message 3 of 4 (2,437 Views)

Community Manager

@DoXxX_Live  @Rakkigoira 

Can you both try a clean boot before launching Apex Legends to see if it's a program running in the background causing the freezing? Go into your Origin client's Application Settings and disable Origin In-Game too. Do not launch other overlays during this test.

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Have you both tried rolling back your GPU's driver and re-installed it?

@donnjovi5 

I'd recommend reinstalling the game if the latest update caused an issue. If you're installing it on an external drive, detach the external drive and check the internal storage to see if there are any Apex Legends files there to uninstall.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (2,404 Views)