Re: Apex legends random FPS drop/freese for up to 5 sec.

by Konform103

Original Post

Apex legends random FPS drop/freese for up to 5 sec.

★★ Novice

For the past 2 seasons I have been getting random FPS drops mid game they are never consistent i can't get through a game without it dropping way below what it should. My system:

Ryzen 9 3900x

Rtx 2080 super

32 gb of 3200mhz RAM

And a 144hz 1440p monitor

I want to play the game at 1440p 144 fps and it does for the most part hit 140ish but out of nowhere drops to 80, 70, 60, ive seen it hit 23 as it freezes for a sec or 2 most of the time not a big deal but when it started happening mid fight then its an issue. Now I recently this as a sign to upgrade my computer from my ryzen 5 and gtx 1080 but it still occurs (almost seems worse). I have been through every reddit thread and forum that has anything to due with this issue and tried all of them to no avail. I have changed my resolution in game, in computer, and nvidia settings, replaced cables repaired and reinstalled apex, reinstalled windows, changing registry edit, even downloading apps to decrease latency, check timing and clear cached RAM. I have no idea what to do from here I feel as though I have tried everything. Among all my friends that play i have the best parts for my pc yet they have never encountered such a problem i have multiple recordings of it I dont know where to send i am just tired of spending all this time and money just to play a game issues that my system should have absolutely no problem running. Again I have been through every forum and reddit post about anything even related to this issue and even some on competitive first person shooter settings for pc. PLEASE HELP.

Message 1 of 2 (617 Views)

Re: Apex legends random FPS drop/freese for up to 5 sec.

★ Pro
@GOHAM710 Hey man nice spec..

Just wanted to say that it might be due to unstable ping from ea server..

Do what u can to find optimal settings on ur computer but ultimately the game needs stable network connection to run properly
Message 2 of 2 (574 Views)