Re: Apex legends package loss every 3rd or4th game

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex legends package loss every 3rd or4th game

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The data centre always shows 20ms ping and 0% packageloss but when i hop ingame i have 50-80 ping (wich is ok) but every 3rd or 4th game i have 10-20 packageloss (my mates don't have any package loss while on the same server also we don't live that far away from eachother).

As you can imagine its very frustrating especially in connection with "Skill" based matchmaking. Playing 4 Games with no package loss and getting absolutely wrecked and then when the game decides to finaly give you a lobby where you have a chance to win it gives you package loss.

What can i do?

Message 1 of 8 (575 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Mortal-san 

Thank you for following up and letting me know!

If it happens around the same time every day it could be a local issue in your area. I've had a situation in the past where there was a bad line on my street, and we would run into similar problems in the evening when a lot of people were getting online at the same time. Getting in touch with your ISP might be a good idea to see if they've heard any similar reports from other people in your area. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (346 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Mortal-san

Is this something that's just started happening recently? Which datacenter are you normally connected to? Have you tried switching to any others to see if that makes any difference at all with the packet loss? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 8 (535 Views)

★ Guide

i don't have package loss anymore after one of your lovely co-workers told me how to fix it with the troubleshooting steps! but now me and my mates experience high ping as well as kinda laggy gameplay but it seems to happen to the whole lobby and also very rarely (might also have to do with the growth of Apex) so thats totally fine after all you can't expect 100% perfection anywhere (its just not possible).

it was Frankfurt data centre if that still helps for future cases (but i only tried Frankfurt 1&2)

so thanks a lot for the quick replys and help

Message 3 of 8 (517 Views)

★ Guide

well what can i say... it was back today really hope thats a onetimer

Message 4 of 8 (478 Views)

★★★ Pro

yeah, I am mostly on Frankfurt server. it has been inconsistent as of late. 

Message 5 of 8 (459 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there,

Apologies for the late reply on this. If you're still running into issues with this, can you let me know which platform you're playing on? Also what sort of troubleshooting steps did you already try so far? I'd like to avoid repeating anything unnecessarily if we can. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 8 (421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

so i am on frankfurt servers (PC Steam) and i tried flushing my dns it happens every day at around 9 o'clock at the evening but during the day and at night its mostly fine .I might wanna have a talk with my ISP tho (heard that was the solution for others)

Thx for your answer i don't mind if it takes a while

Message 7 of 8 (367 Views)

Community Manager

@Mortal-san 

Thank you for following up and letting me know!

If it happens around the same time every day it could be a local issue in your area. I've had a situation in the past where there was a bad line on my street, and we would run into similar problems in the evening when a lot of people were getting online at the same time. Getting in touch with your ISP might be a good idea to see if they've heard any similar reports from other people in your area. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 8 (347 Views)