Apex legends minimizing/crashing

by nightdeadrisen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex legends minimizing/crashing

★★★ Newbie

As of 04/21/20 apex has started “crashing” what I mean is at first I can be sitting on any screen in game and it would minimize it and open origin so I thought maybe it was a driver problem or origin trying to open a notification so I updated my drivers for my GPUs (an rx 570 4gb if it matters) and it was still doing the same thing. So what finally lead me to realize it was acting as if the game just crashed or closed I’m not sure because after launching the game as administrator when I minimizes it launch’s Windows report and asks if the application has ran properly or not then asks if I want to run troubleshoot which nothing helps. I’ve updated all driver amd origin windows I’ve disabled all notifications from origin it’s self and nothing has made a difference. I’ve seen lots of people have problems of the game just minimizing but it seems as if it’s crashing the whole game but it’s still running I can click the icon on the task bar and it takes me right back to the game like nothing happened so I don’t know what else to do. I just bought a new cpu and gpu so I can get better frames and graphics with apex and now I don’t even think I can get it to play without a solution. Any help is very much appreciated 

Message 1 of 2 (744 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex legends minimizing/crashing

Community Manager

Hi @nightdeadrisen

We're currently investigating an issue that's causing Origin to take focus away from other apps. We're working to get this fixed, but in the meantime there is a workaround that should help: 

1. Close Origin and the following processes: OriginWebHelperService.exe and OriginClientService.exe
2. Delete all files in the following folders: 
- C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License
- C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License

3. Launch Origin again

Thanks for being patient with us while this is under investigation. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (667 Views)

All Replies

Re: Apex legends minimizing/crashing

Community Manager

Hi @nightdeadrisen

We're currently investigating an issue that's causing Origin to take focus away from other apps. We're working to get this fixed, but in the meantime there is a workaround that should help: 

1. Close Origin and the following processes: OriginWebHelperService.exe and OriginClientService.exe
2. Delete all files in the following folders: 
- C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License
- C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License

3. Launch Origin again

Thanks for being patient with us while this is under investigation. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (668 Views)