Apex legends keeps minimizing.

by Galapegus

Original Post

Re: Apex legends keeps minimizing.

★★★ Newbie

Hey there,

had the exact same problem after upgrading from win 7 to win 10.

Thought about the taskbar displaying on all three monitors, and this maing a problem, didn't work.

BUT unplugging my second HDMI-Monitor (main is DisplayPort) and my third DVI Monitor, started the game and it just started up as it did on win 7.

The same thing was with Batman Arkham City / Knight. Didn't start on win 10.

No second and/or third monitor pluggeds in works.

Hope this will fix it for more people.

I also tried many other things for hours and hours.

Message 21 of 37 (2,519 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Galapegus Disable origin in game, thats worked for me
Message 22 of 37 (2,432 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah every time I go into a game it minimizes then every time I get into a fight it minimizes then every time the game ends it minimizes.

Message 23 of 37 (2,122 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing here for months. Nothing helped, no matter what I try. EA/Respawn are ignoring this issue as a lot of users wrote about this and no normal answer was given let alone a fix.

Message 24 of 37 (2,106 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sooo true. Im just recently experiencing these minimizing problems with no solution in sight. Tried so many things already.It is August 2020 newest update Season 6. STILL NO SOLUTION! Absolutely insane. It is doing it even without other applications running with it. :/

Message 25 of 37 (1,919 Views)

★★ Novice
@MstrM4yh3m what fixed it for me was actually my capture card. I was using an aver media PCI card (i forget which one i threw it away) and as soon as I removed it my minimizing issue went away. I use an elgato card now and don't have the minimizing issue anymore. So if you or anyone else is using aver media card try removing it. If not then sorry I don't know what to tell you Frown
Message 26 of 37 (1,905 Views)

★★★ Novice

You are a ROCK STAR.  I've dealt with this glitch for months on my  Windows 10 machine.  Reboot was my only fix up until now.  ALT-ENTER worked!!

Genius.

Thanks again!

Message 27 of 37 (1,674 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Relentless301 I wouldn't say that's a "fix" dude. It's a workaround to say the least.

I though moving to steam would fix my minimizing issue. Haha it's still there. Bloody hell.
Message 28 of 37 (1,473 Views)

★★★ Novice
@TheWormerine Oh hell. I have 3 crappy capture cards with me. 😂

Anyways, I've tried playing without them. Still minimizes.
Message 29 of 37 (1,472 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I figured out the problem!!!! For me it was that my aspect ratio and resolution was not set as (native) you might have changed it then closed the game next time it opens with that aspect ratio and resolution it will cause the game to auto minimize when you try to put it to full screen mode. Hopefully this fixes it!!

Message 30 of 37 (1,298 Views)