Re: Apex legends keeps minimizing.

by TheWormerine

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

just close all the apps and open Apex, don't touch your mouse untill game turn on.

If appears any pupup during the game (when u plug in pendrive etc) problem returns and you have to close and open Apex again.

It works for me.

Message 11 of 37 (7,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I also experience this problem. I have two monitors and if I click anything on my second monitor, Apex minimizes. Borderless window doesn't minimize but it seems like there's a hit to FPS. I do notice it seems like my monitor's ICC profile only applies to the borderless window mode so it looks better, but I think there's a hit to performance. I haven't turned on a FPS counter yet to verify.

i7 8700k

32GB RAM

GTX 970 4GB

1080p resolution on primary monitor

1680x1050 on secondary monitor

Message 12 of 37 (7,127 Views)

★★ Novice

I have same issue- I can get game to run in windowed or borderless windowed but will minimize everytime i set it to full screen.  Only resolution I've found is to either reinstall apex or reinstall Nvidia drivers and then it'll work for a day maybe and then it does it again.  Please help.  I've tried most of the resolutions in this thread already but so far the only way I've found to fix are the two ways I've mentioned and they only fix temporarily.

Message 13 of 37 (6,849 Views)

Community Manager

@TheWormerine 

Can you attach a DxDiag for us? If you're on a laptop, try launching the game through the GeForce Experience if you have an Nvidia card.

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 14 of 37 (6,846 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

Hi Blueberry- thanks for the quick reply. I am on a laptop running with external GPU to dual monitors. I tried launching from Geforce experience same result.  Attached is DxDiag.  This issue just started around 2 weeks ago maybe and had been playing since launch without this happening until recently.

Message 15 of 37 (6,836 Views)

Community Manager

@TheWormerine 

There is a new driver out for your RTX card. I'd recommend downloading that to see if it has an effect. With dual monitors, are you playing with 3 total or your laptop screen and the other monitor?

Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 37 (6,831 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

Thanks for the reply. So the laptop plugs into an external GPU with the RTX card in it and then the 2 monitors plug into the external GPU.  It is just the 2 monitors only that are active/used and i keep the laptop screen de-activated. The external GPU/RTX card also runs to a capture card on a separate PC I use for streaming.

When I check in geforce experience it says I have 418.91 release date 2/13/19 and says its up to date/latest driver installed? I even just re-installed it yesterday to get Apex working last night but I will double check this and see if my Geforce Exp isn't picking up the latest. Thanks.

I see on nvidia's website that 419.67 is available so i'll manually download that and report back if still an issue- thanks again.

Message 17 of 37 (6,821 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

Updated to 419.67 for the rtx2080 2 days ago. fixed it immediately for last two days and now today its back to minimizing again whether i launch from desktop, origins, or geforce experience.  Any other suggestions to try?

Message 18 of 37 (6,794 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. Seems to come with random Nvidia patches. 

Message 19 of 37 (6,476 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I created another user with administrator right in my windows 10 (type "Add, Edit or Remove User" at the search bar.

Then "Signed Out" from windows 10 and re logged in using the new created user.

My programs are there (need not be reinstall) and played Apex right away..

I had been doing this whenever I encounter  problems with any games. So normally I create a dedicated User for gaming purposes only to enable them to be deleted once new user is create.

This saves me time from troubleshooting which is a painstaking tasks.

ps... i notice this also resolves some of the lagging issues in Apex and Fortnite.

Message 20 of 37 (5,797 Views)