Re: Apex legends keeps minimizing.

by MstrM4yh3m

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I think that I found a fix that works for me at least... For Discord users, try disabling the Discord Overlay for games, that seemed to fix the problem with minimizing for me. I haven't had any issues with the window since I disabled the overlay, I manage to even tab through other windows and back to the game without any problems. If you don't have Discord, check if you have any other software that has in-game overlay of it (could be the issue) .

Message 31 of 37 (1,201 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here we are mid 2021 and I am yet to find a solution to this problem. I am thinking about reinstalling windows and just going ham on this system. 

Message 32 of 37 (1,132 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had this issue a long time ago and now recently it showed up again.

Message 33 of 37 (1,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

LG OnScreen Control software cause this issue with 100% repeatability. I have to terminate it every time I launch Apex.

Not only with Apex, some other games minimizing too. And I have only one monitor...

Message 34 of 37 (668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I know this is post is 3 years ago BUT; I found an answer. I found out that my apex on full-screen kept minimizing because I had more than one monitor. Basically, even on full-screen, you are basically clicking on your secondary monitor without noticing, which forces the game to minimize. I downloaded the "Dual Monitor Tool" and created a hotkey (the tool has its section for hotkeys) to lock the mouse to the primary monitor only! hopefully anyone who has this issue sees this and gets to enjoy their game in full-screen again!

Message 35 of 37 (618 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Zitianztn thank you
Message 36 of 37 (480 Views)

★★★ Novice

We found a different solution not sure if this will work for others, but essentially it was the Nvidia geforce experience. When I close it apex works perfectly and does not even 1 time minimize. 

Message 37 of 37 (403 Views)