Apex legends keeps crashing before I even land on Xbox one x

by dwalsh27

Original Post

Apex legends keeps crashing before I even land on Xbox one x

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I have been having major issues with apex legends the last couple of weeks. Every single game without fail my game will crash and make a horrible buzzing noise before booting me to the dashboard. I had the same issue a few weeks into season 3, only difference is that time it used to shut my box down completely! No other game crashes! Always seems to happen after a big update for Call of Duty or atleast it did lay time and then again this time when season 2 of cod came out. Have looked at previous post about clearing the cache etc and that doesn’t work just like last time. I wouldn’t mind but I pay for battle passes and also pay for skins. Spent over £100 on a ‘free’ game and think you need to fix this or give me my money back as it’s clearly a problem on your end! If it was a problem on my end then other games would also be affected! Would be grateful if you could come up with a fix ASAP as kings canyon is back soon and it’s infinitely better that this 3rd worlds trashy loot trashy building trashy edge map! If not then I would like a refund as it’s clearly a defect product! Have deleted and re-installed to no avail... fix me please 😂😂😂

Message 1 of 31 (3,992 Views)

Re: Apex legends keeps crashing before I even land on Xbox one x

Community Manager

Hey @dwalsh27 the issue is most likely a system issue rather than a game one. 

Do you ever see an error message of any kind when the issue occurs?

Would it be possible to reset your console to see if it makes a difference? 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 31 (3,960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_DarkoI have reset console and cleared the cache on several occasion! I have uninstalled and reinstalled. If it was a system issue why does no other game crash? It only happens on apex legends so don’t tell me it’s a system issue! If it was then surely all my other games would do the same thing but they all run smooth as pie. It’s just apex that does it. When it happened in season 3 it randomly fixed itself after a month or so. It’s an issue on your end for sure

* never an error message just old school PUBG style buzz for 10 seconds and then dashboard

Message 3 of 31 (3,913 Views)

★★★★ Novice

3rd reinstall and as soon as I ready up before I even get into character select it’s an instant crash! It is 100% a problem with the game! npw on PUBG a game rebound for being majorly broken and it’s smooth no crashes no frame rate drops no cruddy SSBM just a regular fun game that doesn’t make me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon in the hope of not only going blind but also getting tetanus... jks, seriously not a Robles with my Xbox though 

Message 4 of 31 (3,910 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @dwalsh27 if it was an issue with the game then we would be seeing more reports of this. At the minute it does not appear that this is an issue that many people are facing, I played APEX Legends for a couple of hours last night on Xbox One and saw no issues. As such, and from your description of the issue it would appear to be a system issue and not a game issue. As for why it does not happen with other games, this can happen. On my first Xbox One, I had a similar issue where a loud grinding noise would be heard and then the system would crash. It only occurred when playing a certain game with all other games working fine, I ended up sending the console back to Microsoft who found an issue with the laser even though the game affected was a digital one.

Do you have multiple hard drives connected or have you upgraded your original one?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 31 (3,820 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko no upgrades just regular one x with no extra hard drive. It happened season 3 as well then randomly fixed itself. I believe it happens when call of duty has a large update as the exact same thing happened last time. My Xbox makes no sound when it crashes just the game does through my headset. I can literally guarantee next time there is an update for apex that is more than a few gb it will start working fine again just like last time!
Message 6 of 31 (3,801 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @dwalsh27 if the issue was with APEX Legends then I would be seeing many more reports of this. That I am not would mean that this is most likely a system issue. 

It's no harm reaching out to Xbox support to see what they can recommend. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 31 (3,793 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko I will give it a go and hopefully they can fix it for me as it kinda sucks not being able to play my favourite game 😂😂😂
Message 8 of 31 (3,784 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Have spoke with Microsoft and tried full reset and had same issue! Now doing a full Factory reset Xbox guru said that if this still persist then it’s definitely not a hardware issue and an issue with account synchronisation on apex which means it is definitely an issue on you end! Said if apex sends me wrong info it will cause it to crash. Says this is extremely rare but does happen from time to time! Would also explain why I have had this issue previously for it then to randomly just fix itself

Message 9 of 31 (3,771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Final step for me now is to reinstall again! Make a new profile. If it’s let’s new profile play but not my original where I have spent all the money then it’s an issue with you guys and I am entitled to full refund he says... hopefully it won’t come to that! Can you help with that if it does? 

Message 10 of 31 (3,765 Views)