by CapRedBeard879

Original Post

Re: Apex legends keeps crashing before I even land on Xbox one x

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko I’m having that issue now
Message 21 of 31 (734 Views)

★★ Novice

I have also had the same problems with the game crashing and freezing intermittently ever since I started playing Apex. I have had no issues with any other games. Recently things have got much worse in that the game crashes even before I have even landed. I have had several live chats with various EA advisors and performed all the recommended fixes but nothing has been able to resolve this issue. I then resorted to ringing the customer helpline. BIG MISTAKE!! After spending an hour on the phone (which cost me a whopping £30) the issue is still not resolved. My case has been escalated and I have been informed that it will be fixed by tomorrow, but I don't have very much confidence that it will. I have read so many posts from other gamers who have the same problem, and YouTube is awash with gamers dissatisfied with this frustrating issue So how can EA say "that the issue is most likely a system issue rather than a game one and if It was an issue with the game then we would be seeing more reports of this".  I have only been on this help forum for a few days and there are plenty of people complaining of the same issue. It’s a lot easier to deny a problem exists than to try to fix it! It's not as though EA does not possess the resources to fix this unbelievably frustrating issue. This is totally unacceptable, so come on EA get it fixed.

Message 22 of 31 (681 Views)

★ Novice

This is 100% an Apex issue, it started in season 5 when they added the rejoin feature I constantly get kicked or have the game crash and get server timeout errors. Man fix your game Apex because it’s broken terribly atm. 

Message 23 of 31 (634 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's a problem with the game. I'm seeing it as well and I've reinstalled and done everything else I can think of on xbox

Message 24 of 31 (622 Views)

★ Novice

Also having this problem. Crashes and takes me straight to the dashboard at least 5+ times a day, and i only play for a few hours. It’s extremely frustrating. Doesn’t happen with any other games. 

Message 25 of 31 (583 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@CapRedBeard879 Yeah I still have the issue. For me it happens 3-4 times per game though so apex is completely unplayable for me these days. It will randomly start working for a few weeks every now and again but then breaks again. I know it’s nothing to do with my Xbox or internet provider as have had it all checked. 100% an issue with respawn/EA despite there refusal to admit it. My game even crashes in the lobby! No other game crashes like apex. The idiots at EA always ask for an error code... there is never an error code though! The game just freezes and makes a god awful noise through the headset and after about 5-10 seconds kicks you to the Xbox dashboard. I will never pay for another EA product again because of this tbh. No more Fifa, madden or nba and no more packs etc so F U ea you will never receive another penny from me you joke of a company
Message 26 of 31 (536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue playing on my Xbox one  x, I've tried everything! Nothing will work, I can barely get into a game and then before I even land my audio starts to cut out and then about a minute into landing the game completely freezes and I cannot even quit the program from my dashboard or do a shut down. I have to do a hard reset to even get out if the glitchy trash. This starting happening the day the most recent update came out and no other game I own has had any issues playing. I have solid hardwired internet. I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and have reset cache, changed setting..factory reset and I've spent over $100 dollars on apex packs and skins and yet I can't even * get a fix 

Message 27 of 31 (488 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same issue. I have cleared cache, changed servers, cleared MAC address, created a new profile. NOTHING has worked. IT IS A LARGER PROBLEM

Message 28 of 31 (395 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same problem and have tried everything, uninstall/reinstall, clear cache, clear mac address, deleted all my friends, changed my profile picture and color, created a brand new account(the traing worked), but as soon as i ready up it goes to the loading screen before the drop and freezes, makes a load 'errrrrrrrrr' noise then quits the xbox home. 

Message 29 of 31 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@DeepJungle54
Strange that it's happening on loading screen. If it makes a sound drrr and quits to home, you can try few things:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
Select Profile & System > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console
Select Reset and Keep my Games & Apps.

Select Profile & System > Settings > General > Power mode & startup > Power mode > Select Energy-saving

Select Profile & System > Settings > System > Console info > Disable optional data collection

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
My games & apps > Apex Legends > press more options > Manage game & add-ons > Saved data > Reserved space > Clear Reserved space
This might fix any corrupted data.
In-game brightness might reset.

Another thing you could try is if you play on external hard drive then move the game to internal hard drive.

Message 30 of 31 (366 Views)