Apex legends keeps asking me to reset password

by CrayzVortex

Original Post

Apex legends keeps asking me to reset password

★★★ Newbie

I have apex on steam and I am stuck on Reset passowrd/ Register. This is on steam and I have reset my password but it wont leave that screen. I only have one email on my account so I don't know what the problem is.

Message 1 of 10 (26,273 Views)

Re: Apex legends keeps asking me to reset password

★★ Guide
@CrayzVortex Hello,

Please make sure you have the proper steam account linked to your EA account before trying to login. Reset it once if it asks. Make sure you can log into origin. Double check your security, and verify it's linked to your steam account and try again.
Message 2 of 10 (26,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Since when do we  have to have both accounts linked? Is it after the most recent update. About in April I played Apex and it didn't have this issue nor did I have to do any linking.

Message 3 of 10 (26,265 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey, @CrayzVortex when it comes to Account issues, it's not something we can help with on the forums, and you need to reach out to our game advisors on EA support.

You can contact EA Help via the EA Help website. Detailed instructions on how to use the EA Help service can be found here. 

/Atic

Message 4 of 10 (25,998 Views)

★★★ Newbie

any luck with htis? I am having the same problem

Message 5 of 10 (25,969 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Everyone having this problem likely has multiple emails associated with EA. Find the correct email address, go to the website on google chrome and reset the password. Then relaunch apex and if it's the correct password it will give you a new error message. Close that screen and your account will log in.

Message 6 of 10 (25,833 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is the correct answer. I had this issue, and was Googling around with no luck. I just knew up and down my one primary email was the only one I used...until I realized that the email I first created an Xbox profile with was different..and that was the email associated with my Apex EA account. Reset it, and voila - I'm in. 

Message 7 of 10 (23,933 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

very confident yet wrong only one email om mine and its correct and low and behold, still getting the ask when opening the game. why do you think you somehow can just blanket statmet and i quot "everyone with this problem" . please dont act so steadfast when its not an actual solution for most judging my other comments here I dont get that attitude. Still am finding no solution myself that works btw starting to think its a bug ike all other ea products as its only season 25 ive had this issue and its far from the only bug sense the update  but if that the case they need to say something and not just have people acting like its sohow our fault or something we did when its on there end like always. fingers crossed for a patch but until then more gaslighting i guess love this company 

Message 8 of 10 (15,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CrayzVortex I would highly recommend everyone whose having these problems talk to the "Quick Chat" technical support of the EA. They helped me right away with this issue.
Message 9 of 10 (5,660 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank

Message 10 of 10 (4,077 Views)