Re: Apex legends - everyday lags.

by RecklessKaos

Original Post

Apex legends - everyday lags.

★★★★ Novice

Basically atleast once a day for a few times game starts to lag ALOt, i don't have problems with my internet since i have 100Mb/s dl + upload and LTE card with it which also gives about 50Mb/s constant upload / download.

Can somebody tell me what is happening because game is either unplayable or servers are offline for most part.

Message 1 of 10 (3,748 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DiabloSoulsSLO

Does it seem like it's happening around the same time every day? If so, there might be a bandwidth issue causing the lag. If you have other devices connected to the same network try disconnecting them if you can to see if that helps. Something might be running on one of those devices that's taking up a lot of your bandwidth. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (3,690 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Kent I too have been experiencing unplayable lag. It happens at all times of the day. Everything else checks out fine on my side. Speed test are normal, run from phone and ps4. Tried restarting router and playing on different servers. Nothing gives reliable solution...
Message 3 of 10 (3,650 Views)

Community Manager

@RecklessKaos wrote:
@EA_Kent I too have been experiencing unplayable lag. It happens at all times of the day. Everything else checks out fine on my side. Speed test are normal, run from phone and ps4. Tried restarting router and playing on different servers. Nothing gives reliable solution...

Thanks for letting me know. We should try a few things to see if we can get this fixed here. 

When you have a chance try running through the basic connection troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help website. Those can help out with a lot of different connection issues, so it's a good place to start. 

If you're still having any lag issues after that check out the PS4-specific steps as well. Let me know how it goes when you've had a chance to give the steps a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 10 (3,621 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Kent I had already completed the suggested steps that are an option. Full power cycle of PS4, power cycled router, tried changing wi-fi channel (wired not an option), DNS already set to 8.8.8.8. Worth noting no other games or online activities are experiences issues, and the issues are not 100% persistent.  There are times, random, when everything plays smoothly, but typically doesn't last for long.  Also seems to happen more frequently when I play with friends in squad vs randoms... Could just be coincidence as I typically play with friends, but have experienced issue while playing with randoms as well.  Used to occasionally get the stutter lag at start of matches that has been around since the beginning but this is new and started I think  2-3 weeks ago. Also, the error 100 when starting game has been happening during this time. Every time I start the game I get it. I attached a screenshot of the UOTrace.

After testing stuff on my end and seeing the numerous similar reports from all around the world I'm fairly confident this is not an issue on the players' side.  Really seems like a server side congestion issue.

Message 5 of 10 (3,610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Here's another UOTrace with latency spike

Message 6 of 10 (3,596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@RecklessKaosYour own router is taking 995ms to respond? Not normal

Can you ping ur router with another device? I have a 4g router and it takes 0ms to respond (although wired)

Message 7 of 10 (3,588 Views)

★★ Guide
@Konform103 i saw that too, and ran another right after with just one hop to ISP and was perfect. wondering if that wasn't just showing because of the delay down the line but idk...
Message 8 of 10 (3,577 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello i've been playing apex for the last month, and me and my friends and basically any player of my region (that i know) gets lags at around 8 pm to 9-10. the game becomes unplayable. we live in Israel and this happens every day same time. have to say that its really frusturating to start a ranked and being unable to play it thanks to lags  we all have checked our internet speeds which are 50-100 mbs and other games work perfectly eith no lags while apex is unplayable. Please fix this issue as i enjoy playing apex and making that break of 2-3 hours because of ea servers isnt quite making my day

Message 9 of 10 (3,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It's amazing you guys are still experiencing these issues. I talked to you about this stuff way back in Jan @EA_Kent . It's on EA's side they just won't admit it or tackle the issue because a majority of players don't have the issue and it affects a smaller portion of us. It's why I quit playing back then, and just for fun I downloaded and reinstalled today. Same BS symbols with the same BS lame responses, restart router, change data center blah blah blah...  trust me their BS steps don't work and I've chatted with my ISP at T2 Level and we are good. It's EA always has been, the morons can't get it right. EVER! just uninstall the game. I don't lag like this in any other game, GTA, Fortnite, Warzone, Rocket League, Old School MOH:AA, Hyper Scape, Rainbow, CS:GO, Valorant. All of these games, not one damn lagging issue. Apex Legends however, nothing but server congestion and any other damn symbol you can throw in there. it's pathetic. 

Message 10 of 10 (3,148 Views)