Apex legends error reading pak file

by Gdwga

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex legends error reading pak file

★ Novice

Hi there. I am on xbox one and I just started getting an error message upon starting apex legends up. I get to the main menu, press A to continue and once i am in the lobby an error message appears after a few seconds which reads: error reading pak file"R:Vassests/mini_promo/dl_mini_2020_02_10a.rpak". I have tried restarting the game and my xbox multiple times with no success in eradicating the issue. How can i go about resolving this? Thanks

Message 1 of 37 (32,590 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex legends error reading pak file

Community Manager

Hi @Gdwga

Let's see if we can help fix that here. First, do you have the game installed on an external hard drive? If so, can you try moving it to your console's internal drive to see if that helps? 

I've also seen cases where reinstalling the game can help with errors like this. There might be something missing or corrupted in the game data, so a reinstall may help. 

Let me know how it goes when you have the chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 37 (32,522 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Gdwga

Let's see if we can help fix that here. First, do you have the game installed on an external hard drive? If so, can you try moving it to your console's internal drive to see if that helps? 

I've also seen cases where reinstalling the game can help with errors like this. There might be something missing or corrupted in the game data, so a reinstall may help. 

Let me know how it goes when you have the chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 37 (32,523 Views)

★★★ Novice

I fixed it by renaming the file without the A at the end. Then running without repairing on PC. 

Message 3 of 37 (32,456 Views)

Community Manager

@Magna202 wrote:

I fixed it by renaming the file without the A at the end. Then running without repairing on PC. 

@Gdwga 

Were you able to try the suggestion above to see if that helps for you? Are you still getting that same error? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 37 (32,433 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent I’ve reinstalled my game everyday for about 3 weeks now and even factory reset my Xbox still kept getting the error got a new box same error every time I close the game and reopen it I have to completely reinstall it all over again every time
Message 5 of 37 (30,819 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @LandonGray

It's possible this is happening because of an issue that's not specific to the Xbox itself. Let's try running through some connectivity steps to see if that helps at all. 

First, I'd recommend starting off with the basic connection troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help website. If it keeps happening after that check out the Xbox-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes when you can. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 37 (30,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

which folder we need to rename

Message 7 of 37 (28,608 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SG_Baadshah

If you follow the filepath in the error message you're seeing you should be able to locate the specific file. Once you locate it just rename the specific file and launch the game. That might help stop the error from happening. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 37 (28,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Gdwga For repairing this issue click on options button on apex and go to manage games and add ons once are in menu go to saved data and go on the option named reserved space click on option button and dellete the file this file is the only file that can be corrupted so after delleting it you can open apex without the pak error and be good to go i found out this resolve by working on the programming codes trough c# and i found out that the reserve files have the potential for getting corrupted please let me know if this worked for you aswell
Message 9 of 37 (27,152 Views)

★★ Novice

This worked great! Thank you! Take my upvote.

Message 10 of 37 (26,080 Views)