by Dehunted

Original Post

Apex legends - dxgi_error_device_hung

★ Apprentice

Are you guys at Respawn and EA going to ever fix this damn error omg 

Message 1 of 10 (878 Views)

Re: Apex legends - dxgi_error_device_hung

★ Apprentice
@Dehunted I tried everything on all the other threads please dont tell me its my hardware because its not !!!!!!!!!
Message 2 of 10 (877 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Dehunted I'm afraid it is. My GTX 770 was dying but it wasn't giving any symptoms like artifacts, but I was getting more and more DX errors until one day it died while playing Apex. After I bought GTX 1660 I haven't had a single DX error.

My friends with GTX 2070 and 2060 used to have these errors too until devs or Nvidia (don't remember) fixed it.

My other friend has GTX 1070 and his GPU is dying too, and he's been having DX errors.
Message 3 of 10 (822 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Zaares so you're telling me its only dying for apex legends
Message 4 of 10 (815 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Dehunted I'm not telling it's for sure hardware fault but it can be basing on mine and friends' experience. I also used to have DX errors in Battlefield games and crashes to desktop in Heroes of the Storm.
Message 5 of 10 (813 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Zaares there is too may users on this forum with this error to make me believe that. But thank you i appreciate it
Message 6 of 10 (810 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Dehunted I'm curious, are the users with this problem using Nvidia GPUs? I was thinking to give AMD a chance after my old GeForce died but at the last minute I changed my mind. If it's only (or mostly) Nvidia issue, then perhaps it's because they only care about most recent GPUs and don't fix bugs, optimize drivers for older ones. I know AMD cares more and support old GPUs longer but the newest drivers was disaster.
Message 7 of 10 (779 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Zaares Well to be honest ive seen mostly nvidia gpu having this issues well im screwed if it is my gpu but i play every other game just fine like i was running crysis 3 max settings all day not a single problem no crashes this is the only game that crash, im ran all of the alienware video stress test cuda test everythign passing not sure what else can be the problem
Message 8 of 10 (766 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Zaares Also i can't even say my my card can't handle it because the game plays smooth on max settings the temps are around 60 just that it crashes out of no where
Message 9 of 10 (765 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Zaares Hey think i found the problem saw a dev post this February so far 0 crashes

Thanks for posting. Reposting here so your info can potentially be marked as a solution and to draw attention to your setup.

SOLUTION is to set VSYNC to ADAPTIVE and limit your fps to less than your monitor refresh rate

hopefully this is the solution for now
Message 10 of 10 (727 Views)