Re: Apex legends - dxgi_error_device_hung

by SlamKitty

Original Post

Engine Error 0x887a0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★★ Novice

Greetings fellow Apex Legends players and Community Managers,

I've recently started playing apex legends and ever since then I've been getting the same crashes with error messages. Upon further investigation, a few people say it is related to the new RTX cards. I have a few friends that have almost the same rig as I, except for the RTX card, and they aren't getting the same error message. I've updated windows, nvidia drivers and reinstalled the game and origin countless amounts of time, and no luck. I've read that going back drivers helped, and if you disable this and that might work but if it isn't a concrete fix, I'm not going to * with any of my hardware/programs, period. Not sure if the devs are aware of this issue, but maybe if I provide specifics about this problem, it might help.

Kind regards, FroggyBoy1999

PC Specs: I5-6600k (not overclocked), Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC, 16GB RAM Corsair Vengence LPX, MSI B250 Gaming M3 Motherboard, EVGA 750w G2 Power supply

Untitled-3.png

Message 121 of 340 (1,036 Views)

Engine Error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★★ Newbie

Greetings fellow Apex Legends players and Community Managers,

I've recently started playing apex legends and ever since then I've been getting the same crashes with error messages. Upon further investigation, a few people say it is related to the new RTX cards. I have a few friends that have almost the same rig as I, except for the RTX card, and they aren't getting the same error message. I've updated windows, nvidia drivers and reinstalled the game and origin countless amounts of time, and no luck. I've read that going back drivers helped, and if you disable this and that might work but if it isn't a concrete fix, I'm not going to * with any of my hardware/programs, period. Not sure if the devs are aware of this issue, but maybe if I provide specifics about this problem, it might help.

Kind regards, FroggyBoy1999

PC Specs: I5-6600k (not overclocked), Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC, 16GB RAM Corsair Vengence LPX, MSI B250 Gaming M3 Motherboard, EVGA 750w G2 Power supply

Error

Message 122 of 340 (1,046 Views)

Community Manager

Hi guys, we've been asked to gather some AA-related info from folks encountering this issue, if you're still getting this error after trying the steps in this thread, can you post the the requested info in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/DXGI-Error-info-gathering/m-p/7538285#M23274

Thank you.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 123 of 340 (2,575 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did you have to uninstall the 418.xx drivers or just installed the 417.71 over it?

Message 124 of 340 (1,738 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did you have to uninstall the 418.xx drivers or just installed the 417.71 over it?
Message 125 of 340 (2,526 Views)

★★ Guide

@DrooTrick wrote:

just select "new install" in the setup settings

Message 126 of 340 (2,438 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is not solved and the 419 nvidia driver doesnt solve the issue. 

Message 127 of 340 (2,260 Views)

★★ Guide

Ive had this error three times today on an ASUS ROG Strix Scar II 2070 laptop.

Message 128 of 340 (2,072 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello. Why is it tagged as solved? There's nothing solved actually, crashes forever and that's really boring!

Message 129 of 340 (1,920 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah wtf. The game crashes like crazy still on ver. 419.17 of the driver, this is not solved at all. I'm not downgrading to an old driver and this is a workaround at best, not a solution. Respawn and Nvidia better be working on this and the issue is definitely not resolved.

Message 130 of 340 (1,870 Views)