Re: Apex legends - dxgi_error_device_hung

by Autogeddonn

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@RatserX wrote:

Guys, as of now, it's an Open Issue with the latest NVIDIA drivers. It may be fixed at the next release.

The most reliable workaround as of now is to downgrade to driver version 416.94 and checking "Perform a clean installation".

Open Issue

No way this is just an Nvidia issue. How would you explain all of the AMD hardware producing the same issues? It's not the drivers it's the way the the game application is feeding our GPU information.

Message 111 of 340 (3,019 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

lol drivers can't fix this, the error itself literally states thar it's the application's fault.

Message 112 of 340 (3,608 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this crash too, it's so bad

Message 113 of 340 (3,398 Views)

★ Novice

I have an RTX 2080 and downgrading to the driver 417.71 completely fixed the issue for me. On any 418.xx driver i get the error every 20 minutes or so.

Message 114 of 340 (3,375 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was getting a different error, textures, and crashing just the same on earlier drivers. This is just an embarrassment for the developer. This is the first game I've played that crashes on a regular basis and I have a high end computer from top to bottom. This is just desperation to capitalize on the BR craze in my opinion.

Message 115 of 340 (3,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Confirmed.  Played a few days without a single crash.  Updated to latest 418.x NVIDIA drivers and I started to crash every second game.  Downgrade back to 417.71, I've had no crashes in roughly the same amount of matches I tried to play on the 418.x drivers.  

Message 116 of 340 (3,236 Views)

★★ Novice

Confirmed
on my rtx2080 the same
No crashes on 417,71
and every 20minutes on 418.xx

Message 117 of 340 (3,075 Views)

★★ Novice

Ive tried downgrading my drivers and still get the crashes, but either way its ridiculous that we have to downgrade drivers on our systems due to a lack of technical support. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

Message 118 of 340 (2,938 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The downgrading to 417.71 only works for RTX Series Graphic cards

other Cards will still crash

Message 119 of 340 (2,930 Views)

Engine Error 0x887a0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★★ Novice

Greetings fellow Apex Legends players and Community Managers,

I've recently started playing apex legends and ever since then I've been getting the same crashes with error messages. Upon further investigation, a few people say it is related to the new RTX cards. I have a few friends that have almost the same rig as I, except for the RTX card, and they aren't getting the same error message. I've updated windows, nvidia drivers and reinstalled the game and origin countless amounts of time, and no luck. I've read that going back drivers helped, and if you disable this and that might work but if it isn't a concrete fix, I'm not going to * with any of my hardware/programs, period. Not sure if the devs are aware of this issue, but maybe if I provide specifics about this problem, it might help.

Kind regards, FroggyBoy1999

PC Specs: I5-6600k (not overclocked), Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC, 16GB RAM Corsair Vengence LPX, MSI B250 Gaming M3 Motherboard, EVGA 750w G2 Power supply

Message 120 of 340 (1,217 Views)