Re: Apex legends - dxgi_error_device_hung

by o0kniven0o

Original Post

★★ Novice

rtx 2080 card here aswell, and now it suddenly started crashing again. had it fixed with repairing game and turning windows game bar and nvidia overlay off. Did they patch the game lately?

Message 101 of 340 (2,379 Views)

Crash apex legends

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So every couple games I get a message that says "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The applications device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design_time issue that should be investigated and fixed." I ignored the first 2 times but its way too frequent and happens when im about to win. Is there any fix for this because its pretty much unplayable for me. I should also note my specs:

RTX 2080 

Intel core i7 9700k

650 WATT plus 80 gold PSU

z390 PHANTOM GAMING MOTHERBOARD

16gb RAM

Message 102 of 340 (2,090 Views)

game crashes every game

★★★ Newbie

I keep getting the error

0x774a0006-dxgi_error_device_hung The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. this is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

This has made the game unplayable. I can't finish one game because this keeps on happening. Please push through a fix. I'm trying to enjoy this game but i just cant..

nvidia RTX 2060, 16 GB RAM, i7 8700..

Message 103 of 340 (2,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what works for me:

DDU all nvidia driver 

Install 417.71 version

Lower OC on card (try no OC)

R5 1600

RTX 2060

Low settings in games (pref fps)

Message 104 of 340 (2,453 Views)

Re: Crash apex legends

Champion

This driver has been known to be more stable: https://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers/results/141954

Not much else i can do to help till they fix it :P

Message 105 of 340 (2,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Guys, as of now, it's an Open Issue with the latest NVIDIA drivers. It may be fixed at the next release.

The most reliable workaround as of now is to downgrade to driver version 416.94 and checking "Perform a clean installation".

Open Issue

Message 106 of 340 (2,321 Views)

Re: game crashes every game

★ Pro
There's some topics made about this error
Message 107 of 340 (2,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

nvidia already said, they can't fix the crash with a driver update

The Open Issue is a misleading information

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1098097/geforce-drivers/official-418-91-game-ready-whql-dis...

- We are able to reproduce the crashes on competitor cards so I don't believe this is a driver bug. We are working with Respawn to further investigate the issue. 

Message 108 of 340 (2,628 Views)

★★ Novice

I really wish a fix would come for this. I love the game but the crashes are getting really annoying!

Message 109 of 340 (2,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue and I managed to solve it by uninstalling . Intel fast storage utility thingy. It was showing as "not working properly" and the game kept crashing. With this error. Upon uninstalling everything works super fine. The pc seems to run cooler during gameplay too. PS: i also did a clean reinstall of the latest Nvidia driver (rtx 2070). 

Message 110 of 340 (2,521 Views)