Re: Apex legends - dxgi_error_device_hung

★★★ Newbie

AMD RADEON R9 200 same problem. tried almost everything. still got that problem

Message 63 of 340 (4,095 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Try to reset the Cache: 

https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

For my rtx Card it works downgrade the driver. (417.73) 

Message 64 of 340 (4,076 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey everyone, 

Thanks for the information that you have gathered and shared!

Have you tried reinstalling the GPU drivers to see if that helps with stability while playing? 

/Atic 
Message 65 of 340 (4,042 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Yes but nothing happened.

Thx

Message 66 of 340 (3,926 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here. I even reinstalled windows.

I could play until today and I think the patch made it worse.

I downgraded to 417.71 (RTX 2060) before and that helped. But today I crashed 3 times already. So I updated to the newst 418.91 and it keeps crashing. 2 times in 4 games already in the last hour. Unplayable for me and I know many others with this problem.

TL;DR: 471.71 doesnt work after Apex patch from today for me, 418.91 (newest) is crashing too: device hung.

Someone got a fix?

Message 67 of 340 (3,826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have an AMD system (R9 270X + FX-6300 - yes, I plan to upgrade very soon) and this makes it physically impossible to play the game ever since the latest update.

Your devs don't know how to work with code, that's why Phenom isn't supported (RE7's, Destiny's and NMS' devs have made the same mistake, but they've actually bothered to quickly fix it, unlike Respawn and EA that completely shut the game for Phenom users due to their laziness and incompetence) and that's why this same bug from Titanfall 2 that made people literally stop playing the game is back - yes this 0x887A0006 bug was present at Titanfall 2's launch and it got a phantom fix at some point, I bet even the devs don't know how they fixed it, then it got reintroduced in another update. Yes, this is the level of development we are talking about here, Respawn is supposed to be a veteran AAA studio.

This is going to slowly kill Apex if you cannot be bothered to fix it or actually hire some competent IT engineers. Make a hotfix before a lot of us are done with Apex for good. One of the main reasons that Titanfall 2 is nothing but a corpse of a great game is that so many regular users had such different crashes and stability issues that forced many of them to stop playing the game and never come back, this 0x887A0006 bug is one of them.

Oh, and I'm not even going to bother commenting on how me having to disable 2 logical cores (one physical) on my CPU is considered a "solution" to your spaghetti code where AMD users suffer the most because your QA obviously doesn't have a single AMD machine (do you even have QA?).

The only reason there isn't massive outrage is that you've ensured that the game runs smoothly on high-end Nvidia and Intel systems that most streamers, journalists and content creators would be running it, while leaving everyone else with different types of crashes so that they cannot even band together because some get disconnects, others game crash without error, some get this error, some have to disable cores, etc. And then you tell people that their machine that's above the original minimum requirements isn't supported and tell other people with crashes that it must be their drivers, their OS, their hardware and then do bogus buy-time-maybe-excuse tests, such as all those DxDiags only to tell people "oh, hey, you're not running latest drivers!" when those same people rolled-back their drivers to try and run the game in the first place.

And I love how some guys from EA would blame the players, the users, the customers, then randomly somewhere on a different platform one of Respawn's devs would contradict that by saying that they are actually working on a fix for that specific issue that the player got blamed for. This is humorous and also sad.

Message 68 of 340 (3,599 Views)

★★★ Novice

So if you finally got a team wich is not instantly leaving (got 2nd the game before ALONE), did like 1,5k damage in this round and when there is just us against the last squad it crashes. This is so terrible and I just cant get it fixed. You just cant get it fixed.

Seems like we are not enough players with problems to hotfix this. Sad.

niceapex.jpg

Message 69 of 340 (3,768 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same here, I get kicked out constantly - last night, 2 of 5 games, and tonight, I was kicked out every other game. RTX 2080 TI, using latest drivers (418.91) as well as the previous version. Came to see if anyone else had it, and this topic has six pages, so I guess I'm not alone. It makes the game unplayable; I feel bad for my teammates that suddenly they're down by one.

Message 70 of 340 (3,731 Views)