Re: Apex legends - dxgi_error_device_hung not fixed for amd

by Hul3buh

Original Post

Apex legends - dxgi_error_device_hung not fixed for amd

★★★ Novice

Apex legends - dxgi_error_device_hung its not fixed. its fixed for nvdia users not for amd. when i play mirage my screen freeze if i play wraith or other champ i can play like 4-5 games and then dxgi error device hung its sad because i play it very smooth fx6300-R9 280x

Message 1 of 15 (7,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

The error you are seeing @Oldreason can be related to your GPU, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Have installed driver 417.35
  • Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 15 (7,184 Views)

★★★ Novice

its not fixed for nvidia users... if you have and nvidia rtx card you have to use old drivers to prevent it from crashing... try the same with your drivers go 1 or 2 versions back

Message 3 of 15 (7,177 Views)

★★★ Novice

nvm after the patch today the whole pc breaks down if you are running rtx cards..... useless developer as always when it comes to ea...

Message 4 of 15 (7,169 Views)

★★★ Novice

I use an RTX 2070 with Driver Version 418.91 and i got this problem too. Only downgrading to 417.35 helps for me so far....

Message 5 of 15 (7,154 Views)

★ Novice

2080 RTX user here, I have constant dxgi errors, basically cannot finish a single session. 

Message 6 of 15 (7,140 Views)

★★★ Novice

2080 ti here with a 1000W power supply. I got a 240hz monitor and a 4k 144hz monitor to use vsync. I already play at the lowest settings, with a 9900k cpu to boot. This error occurs often, even my gpu "physically disconnects" [needless to say it doesn't], and at 4k the game crashes within seconds. Relay to your developers that they are a joke. Thank you. Don't give us stupid advice, make sure the clowns working on this game understand the urgency.

Message 7 of 15 (7,134 Views)

★★★ Novice

i did everything...i play 3-4 gmes and then it just close the game with no error it sad because i play it smooth ty for your help 

Message 8 of 15 (6,611 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You want him to install and nvidea driver to fix his amd card? Wth

Message 9 of 15 (6,177 Views)

Message 10 of 15 (5,335 Views)