Apex legends crashing without error

by SadsowTeHegehawg

Original Post

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Devil95PL wrote:

Possible FIX! sorry for english.
I have AMD RIG r5 2600 and rx 480 - and a lot of problems with games on Origin. FIFA 18 and APEX crash and back to destop without error and I probably fix it because I don't have a problem NOW. No crash.

Before all of this I unistalled GPU drivers with DDU and fresh install.
1. Reinstall Origin and in AppData and ProgramData remove origin folders. Maybe You must in Control Panel set "show hidden folders and files"

2. Go to SERVICES Find and change service: Origin Client Service and EasyAntiCheat - PROPORTIES - RECOVERY set every failure "restart the service"
3. turn off GameDVR:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/System/GameConfigStore/Right click and modify GameDVR_Enabled to 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Policies/Microsoft/Windows/(Create folder "GameDVR" without quotes)/(Inside the folder create a new D_WORD called "AllowgameDVR" no quotes and set it to 0"
4. set origin and apex game "run as administrator"
5. I turn off "origin in game" in origin options and every game in origin.

And this work for me.

You, sir, you might've found the solution. Played 3 rounds so far, got a win too. Normally i would've crashed at all of them. Gonna try more tomorrow. I hope this is it. Thank you

Edit: Before doing this, i deleted origin and the game and re-installed them. Plus i set the "OriginWebHelperService" on "restart the service" too. This solution actually makes sense. Origin client thing running in the background crashes, makes the game think origin has been shutdown, closes itself because it can no longer communicate with the origin. Without origin the game wont work. I hope this is it dude. Tomorrow, we'll see. Thank you again 

Edit 2: Crashed after 5 or 6 solid games. I have lost hope

Message 651 of 1,756 (3,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Until a windows update causes a registry corruption as it tries to restore these dword files every update.

Or anytime you do a system file checker...

yawn...

Next....this is beyond you I promise. Game engine optimization is something you will not fix by mindlessly altering your registry. 

Xbox game dvr would have absolutely nothing to do with this crashing and the same results could be achieved by simply turning DVR off in the windows settings / killing the task before launching the game.

Altering your registry is not needed by any means. If you read through this thread, most of your common responses are quoting random off shoot changes and stating, "this worked for me for like 3 games! I'd normally crash all of them!" when in reality it's just the luck of the draw / up to the client. 

Once again, I want to see this game win. I want to see this game be the best GD BR there ever was. But shooting in the dark is going to get someone (rig) shot.

Message 652 of 1,756 (3,355 Views)

★ Apprentice

uninstalling obs didn't work. this games fkin broken i give up

Message 653 of 1,756 (3,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@hoodstomp  You don't get it. I didn't say it works 100% at all and im already frusturated myself from these crashes. When i say i didn't crash for 3 games, believe me thats huge for me. I've been crashing left and right.

Plus the core of this fix is not the reg edit we do. It's about the service crashing and game thinking that origin has been shutdown so it closes itself without error.

To me, it makes sense because crash without an error seems odd. This is why i think this MIGHT be the solution. Again, i never said this is the 100% fix and i didn't have the chance to try it out in 20-30 games. I will test it tomorrow.

Don't point your anger towards me bro. We are in the same boat and i would like to see you fix your problem too so we can all enjoy this awesome game.

Message 654 of 1,756 (3,470 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Rothture wrote:
You don't get it. I didn't say it works 100% at all and im already frusturated myself from these crashes. When i say i didn't crash for 3 games, believe me thats huge for me. I've been crashing left and right.

Plus the core of this fix is not the reg edit we do. It's about the service crashing and game thinking that origin has been shutdown so it closes itself without error.

To me, it makes sense because crash without an error seems odd. This is why i think this MIGHT be the solution. Again, i never said this is the 100% fix and i didn't have the chance to try it out in 20-30 games. I will test it tomorrow.

Don't point your anger towards me bro. We are in the same boat and i would like to see you fix your problem too so we can all enjoy this awesome game.

The problem isn't fixed until you can play it without crashes and you don't need to make changes. At this point we are basically waiting for an EA response. 

Message 655 of 1,756 (3,463 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Rothture wrote:

@hoodstomp  You don't get it. I didn't say it works 100% at all and im already frusturated myself from these crashes. When i say i didn't crash for 3 games, believe me thats huge for me. I've been crashing left and right.

I think you're misunderstanding me and you don't get it. 

So let me simplify this:

• I am not angry with you, or directing my anger towards you
  • I am trying to point out that the xbox dvr function is something that is locked via Microsoft Group Policy, in which case requires further registry editing to fully disable. In turn doing so could also disable windows update, defender etc. Now due to Xbox DVR being part of the policy, unless you have Windows 10 Pro, when the PC reboots for a windows update, repair, system file checker or anything. It will reset the false D word you put in place as it will sense a foreign registry entry. If you check the xbox tasks in general they have dependencies that cannot be disabled without altering the rest of the function of your computer. Therefor if someone attempts to edit this, notices xbox dvr in their task manager this might lead them astray to trying to find out to permanently delete it. Which will take them into some dangerous area's of Microsoft Group Policy registry. Do you get it? The snowball effect could be more detrimental than beneficial. I was trying to point out that simply disable xbox dvr in windows settings / turning its background task off would accomplish the same thing without the possibility of causing harm to ones registry. 
  • I also just simply wanted to point out that Xbox DVR in terms of crashing would only be an issue if your machines resources were being consumed by this task. Which could be found out simply by checking task manager.

Look - I don't want to appear as a *. As much as I want to apply logic to some of these proposed fixes. At one point blueberry was literally taking anything that had the word "fix" and pinning it in the trouble shoot guide. The current state of said guide, sheesh, I would imagine if you went through it and you were still having crashing. One would probably be ready for a fresh windows install / cmos reset on their mobo. 

All I want to do is offer my software/hardware knowledge as this is a troubleshooting avenue I have been down before. However I have also seen reddit, internet forums, etc, BSOD someones machine or absolute wreck their hard drives with crazy wonky oddball "fixes". The last thing I would want is for someone to not be able to enjoy ANY game at all while we are waiting for EA to fix what is wrong with Apex.

Message 656 of 1,756 (3,122 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Freezing and Crashing

★★★ Newbie

Yeah my game completely crashes my computer with no error code. I'll load in, sometimes I go 5-10 minutes, other times it does it instantly. freeze then force restarts my computer. i7-8700k/gtx1080/16g ddr/ 500g ssd etc etc. I think it has less to do with specific specs (this setup should run this game in max settings uncapped fps no problem) and has more to do with a bug in the game itself. my $50 clapped out ps4 runs the game better than my $2000 pc. yikes Respawn, let's get this * fixed.

Message 657 of 1,756 (2,656 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah i got the same problems during gameplay i crashed even tho the game fully loaded ... is probably one of the game problems or the CPU work too much

but i think the chances of game crash by PC specs is very very low... i think is the game it self 

btw my specs is : CPU : intel Core-i5 3470 3.2 Ghz (4 cores)

8GB of rams

GPU : gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB 

the reason why i think the game need tobe fixed because my friend got a intel i7-6700K , 32GB of ram , and GTX 1080Ti but he still crash without errors during gameplay... and trust me with PC specs my friend have is really really hard to crash like that .

Message 658 of 1,756 (3,106 Views)

★ Guide

I know they have to come up with a fix and i know the problem is not on my end. Yet i want to have a nice time with my friends after a hard day. I took the shot for a "maybe" fix and im done because the game still crashes which pisses me off. Thanks for the info

Message 659 of 1,756 (3,077 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Any news about the problem or any solution? since I want to play but it is impossible, the moment I leave the ship it freezes and disconnects me without error like many others.

Message 660 of 1,756 (6,604 Views)