Apex legends crashing without error

by SadsowTeHegehawg

Original Post

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

★★★★ Novice

Two times it froze when i was in the last squads. It's annoying af i hope they fix this fast

Message 51 of 1,756 (13,100 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well, i managed to "fix" the problem on my computer, I just turned off all graphics settings, could play without crashes. This was on a i5 8600k and vega 64. Seems like if the gpu has a lot of load, the game just crashes.

Message 52 of 1,756 (23,367 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah I'm not sure if that would work with me, I'm still having issues. I updated NVIDA Drivers. I have 1070, i5-7600k. Game runs fine for a while and then randomly crashes, no real reason. Updated as of 11:48pm US Central time. 

Message 53 of 1,756 (23,298 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem, my gpu is rtx 2080, its unplayable like this, too unreliable, sometimes i can play for a few minutes and sometimes a few seconds and game crashes without error.

Need a fix. ASAP.

Message 54 of 1,756 (23,284 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Lowing my video memory that is being used using the in game settings so far seems to have made it stable for me. I'll see if that's just a fluke though but the last 3 games no crash yet.
Message 55 of 1,756 (23,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't even get pass the main menu... I ahve a GTX 1070 FTW with i7 6700 cpu and it crashes everytime I try to get to setting and turn everything down.. im on the latest driver update and this is * pissing me off. Just wanna play the game after working all * day and they cant even have it working to launch for me to get to play. great game.

Message 56 of 1,756 (23,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I noticed that CPU averages around 75% and then unexpectedly will rise to 100%. Shortly after that, the game will close.

My CPU ( i5 8600k ) is overclocked to 5ghz.

EDIT: I lowered my overclock by 200mhz  and played a few games without the game closing on me. Will play more tomorrow to confirm.

Message 57 of 1,756 (23,070 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Maybe I need try try taking it even lower and see if that helps thing on the graphics front, but lowering it one lower on the video memory seemed to help but it still crashed after a few games. 

Message 58 of 1,756 (22,973 Views)

★★★ Newbie

RTX 2080 and i5 8600k OC'd to 5GHz and my game would randomly alt tab or just crash and say there was an engine error. I THINK I might have fixed it by reverting my nvidia graphics driver from the most recent one (418.81) to the previous version (417.71).

I have only played maybe 10 or so games after reinstalling and no problems since. Not sure if it will help at all but thought I might as well post

Message 59 of 1,756 (22,939 Views)

★ Novice

I fixed random crashing by moving the game to internal SSD and updating to the latest nvidia drivers. 

Message 60 of 1,756 (22,734 Views)