by SadsowTeHegehawg

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Freezing and Crashing

★ Apprentice

set CPU and GPU default value, the overclocked is the problem

Message 1731 of 1,756 (1,907 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Le7els91 This doesn’t fix anything, maybe for some but I defaulted everything and it still crashed. I shouldn’t have to default my machine to play a game anyways. It’s an optimization issue on their end. I use my OC for a lot of reasons and it definitely helps since I’m a software developer. It makes sense when you think about it.
Message 1732 of 1,756 (1,873 Views)

★ Novice

Wow man respect I am only at 20 Min atm 

Message 1733 of 1,756 (1,817 Views)

★ Novice

Not a single fix works may be only for few games but in the end, everything starts over. I have literally checked every post, every fix and every god damn video about it. So I hope you   (@PlayApex ) fix this game pitty such an epic game losing interests

Message 1734 of 1,756 (1,813 Views)

★★ Novice

i9 9900k- rtx 2080, crash on top crash, im legit scared of starting rankeds, i guess my climb stops here.

Message 1735 of 1,756 (1,791 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SLOW_Petwirez It might be due to gsync in the nvidia control panel settings. I disabled it just went fixed refresh 240 with fps capped at 180 and game felt better and hasnt crashed yet. Could be worth a try. I saw somewhere that the game forces a type of vsync so maybe it bugs out with gsync on and the new rtx cards?? Idk I'm not a software guy at all but it might work. I'll post back again if my crashes stop completely.
Message 1736 of 1,756 (1,753 Views)

★ Apprentice
@CC_Dudecoug doesnt matter.i did everything like most of the people.Changed many settings,my pc setup etc.

Capped fps,used DDU blablabla.And of course i did what developers said to us.

I crashed 2 times today.And yes getting penalty for that issue.I'm done.Leaving this game.This is sad that the developers are not caring enough and ruining our gameplay.

I have nearly high end pc.i9 9900ks -Rtx 2070 Super - 16 gb 3600 mhz rams etc.It was worst when im using this setup.I changed my graphic card but the problem is still going on more or less doesnt matter.The problem is still there and we are facing with it.They HAVE TO fix it before they tell us what to do.
Message 1737 of 1,756 (1,738 Views)

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Game crashed also, the same way it did to you:

Game freezed upon respawn of my character and teammate through a black screen and the sound faded away until it simply quitted to desktop without any error message.

Oh and the best! When I came back, a nice message was telling me that it wasn't good of me to abandon a game and that they will punish me if I do it again.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: RX 5700XT

RAM: 16gb 2x8gb 3200mhz

Win 10 pro

HD: Corsair NVMe ssd m.2280

Mobo: Asrock Fatality B450 Gaming ac/itx

Message 1738 of 1,756 (1,618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It's funny that post is from a year ago, has 174 pages of entries and still the issue persists - game is crashing every now and then, without any error - just straight to desktop without any notice. It's very frustrating since it almost every time happens in the late game rather than on start. Pathetic that it's still not resolved.

1080ti oc, 7700k oc, 16gb 3200mhz ram, asus hero ix, 442.19 nvidia drivers, win 10 ver.1909 os build 18363.657 

all disabled/low, gsync, native 1440p resolution

Message 1739 of 1,756 (1,579 Views)

★ Novice

Finally found the fix for me. I have an i9-9900k CPU and 2080ti. I don't play this game that much but decided to play with my friends recently for Season 4. Crashed every other game if not every game. One second I'm playing, the next second I'm staring at my desktop. I don't know much about this but for me, it turns out it is related to the CPU and the AVX instruction set.

Upon doing more research, it looks like not many programs even use the AVX instruction set which is what I changed to stop the frequent crashing. Might be why no one can find a solution to this problem I guess. So anyway, I went into my bios settings and set my settings to default (which you may or may not have to do, but I'd recommend it to be safe) and then proceeded to change "AVX offset" value to -2. It was set to "Auto" by default for me which I guess pushed the CPU too hard or something. This finally fixed it for me after trying literally everything else. Hope it helps you guys too. Cheers! ^^
Message 1740 of 1,756 (1,432 Views)