Apex legends crashing without error

by SadsowTeHegehawg

Original Post

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

★★ Apprentice

There's nothing that we can do to fix BAD_MODULE, for this, unfortunelly we need to wait a fix from Respawn! This problem happens with differents Windows, Hardwares, Drivers, etc... They are getting some Windows Event to investigate in THIS post.

I hope they can fix it in next patch... After I did a System reinstall it got a bit more stable, but BAD_MODULE still happening, I think 1 in 8 or 10 matches still closing, It's not okay, but is better than close every 3 matches!

Sad guys, but we need to wait...

Message 1531 of 1,756 (1,820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same here, it keeps crashing without error. It is so frustrating, urgh. Frown

I will let you guys know how it goes. Ima try a few things first and see what works. 

EDIT. ITS WORKING!!!!!!!!! FINALLY, Played 4 games, now working YES!!!!

So..

Delete ALL c++ from (from windows delete tool)

Then go to origin -> find apex legends -> right click -> repair

Let it finish and it will work!!!! 

Source: The guide I managed to follow is here: How to Fix Apex Legends Crashing Without Error - Saint

Hope it helps you guys too.

Message 1532 of 1,756 (1,644 Views)

★★★ Novice

Throwing my hat into the ring, have tried the laundry list of methods. Still getting CTD's but wanted to share my info.

Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x00000000

Have max fps set, graphics settings nearly bottomed out, fully run as admin/fullscreen optimizations/compatibility for Origin, EAC priority low and set to restart etc.

Hope it helps!

Message 1533 of 1,756 (1,582 Views)

★★ Novice

Getting this crash as well. They're totally random. I could play a few games without issue. In other instances such as tonight it's crashing every game. Restarting did not help. When the crash happens, the game completely freezes for a few seconds, then quits.

Seeing bad_module_info in event viewer. I've tried some of the suggested fixes specifically for this error, but it doesn't have any effect.

My system appears to meet the minimum/recommended requirements.

Message 1534 of 1,756 (1,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Have you ever seen a game before that crashes constantly and haven't fixed within a month? Disappointed

Message 1535 of 1,756 (1,417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@alreadyVintage But they manage to nerf wingman and peacekeeper Wohoo!

I feel like they dont give a [Removed - CM] about those crahes if there are still lot of players playin fine .. Wink

PS : I´m crashing aswell .. freezes in main menu 1-3 times at game launch .. Freezes if party ready and goin to match .. Freezes in middle of game.. (freeze = disconnect)

Message 1536 of 1,756 (1,404 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Limiting fps seems to work for most people, some have to go all the way to 50 and others dont crash at 110 so just do +fps_max 110 and if you keep crashing keep going down by 10 fps untill you find your sweet spot as a temporary "fix".
I crashed only twice in 23h of gameplay using +fps_max 80 -novid -freq (144) in launch options
That shuld really narrow down possible solutions for the devs if there is even someone actually looking into this ..

Message 1537 of 1,756 (1,375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@GunplayHK im at fps limit 65 .. started at 110 and crashing every single game..

https://ibb.co/xCv8sVc

Its kinda sad situation when game creates a team.. and atleast one player in game crashes.. annoying

Message 1538 of 1,756 (1,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had bad_module as well, and for me it seems to have been resolved.

Just played for about 5 hours without crashes (would not happen before)

I have an i5 9600k and rtx2080, from which the CPU is overclocked as well.

The fix for me was disabling my CPU from using turboboost (intel only).

Undoing my overclock might have solved it as well, but I don't want any changes I do for this game to impact other games I play. 

point 2.2 on the following link basically did it for me

https://www.geeks3d.com/20170213/how-to-disable-intel-turbo-boost-technology-on-a-notebook/#_22

GL to those who can't find a fix, I feel your pain Frown

Message 1539 of 1,756 (1,351 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

just got my first crash without error after patch
happened with lifeline while i was sliding with weapon holstered in late game

EDIT: another crash with lifeline after i was downed and traveled through a tunnel, i'm gonna stop playing this legend for now

Message 1540 of 1,756 (1,487 Views)