Original Post

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

★★★★★ Newbie
@wigglyworm66 same here bro i unistall origin with game
Message 1741 of 1,756 (3,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I started to getting exactly the same symptoms after switching hardware (CPU, RAM and MOBO) so I think it might be hardware related or actually pinpointed to something close to it. 

I was playing fine without this issue on a pretty weak configuration of i5-4570, 8GB of RAM, and RX480 and I didn't get this issue even once... 

but when I got my Motherboard back from RMA, I switched back to Ryzen 7 2700X and 64GB of RAM atm, but I'm pretty sure it was also happnening back in the day while I was sitting on 16 and 32GB kits. 

It leaves either some RAM Frequency problem, CPU handling of it, or some driver related. I hope that I will find some solution, but I thought it would be nice to actually leave my speculations on this. 

Either way... I'm pretty irritated on this, cause the game runs very smoooth right now, but these crashes ruining it for me again... lately all I'm doing is troubleshooting things related to this game, instead of enjoying the game. 

My bet would be either my Ryzen/RAM, pretty much sure about something to do with the RAM in my case, but it could be something else... I will make another reply If I would manage to fix the issue in my case. 

EDIT: 1 Fun fact = After changing hardware in a span of 30 minutes max between playing Apex on old and new configuration, there was a update of 30MB... and I don't think it was some bugfix update, but something related to my hardware change, so now I'm "Repairing" My Game through Origin after second Crash, and it seems that I need to download 13.71GB of data... which is interesting... so it's worth a go... 

Message 1742 of 1,756 (3,174 Views)

★★★ Novice

my game lets me load into a match i go crazy in the game then bam screen freezes no error code just says game not responding changed drivers reinstalled both apex and origin multiple times its not responding in game and when i am playing just freezes i have never had a problem with this game since it came out and its a bummer that a update that is supposed to help the game completely ruined it for me i have battle pass and now its useless because I literally cannot play without getting a crash with no error the game just flat out does not respond

Message 1743 of 1,756 (3,079 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry my game loads but then it never gives me an error to why its not responding i have no overclocks nothing it seems to be the recent update messes the game up for me i constantly get in matches get 2 kills then game stops it just says not responding if i do finish a match I find another one in lobby game freezes again recently I just been getting freezes this is my favorite game i have please fix it please the update messes it up for me 

Message 1744 of 1,756 (3,059 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There are multiple causes of crashes, but my crashes where fixed for month now just by setting EasyAntiCheat service in services.msc to restart if the service fails.

https://imgur.com/a/drnPZb9

I had a long story of crashing before and nothing fixed it, after playing multiple other games using EasyAntiCheat i noticed that those games crash too with same symptoms and no logfile. 

So i thought well what if its not actually Apex Legends that is the culprit but EasyAntiCheat instead, and for me, it is. In Theory and that also explains why there is no crashlog, EasyAntiCheat just stops working and therefore Apex Legends closes itself, its not actually a real crash of the Game, but a crash of EasyAntiCheat.

Im playing month's now with full Overclocks/MSI Afterburner/Geforce Experience/Overlays and can stream without any crashes.

Message 1745 of 1,756 (2,906 Views)

★ Novice

I seem to have solved this issue for me.

All I did was turn of AMD Precision Boost Overclocking and locked my CPU clock to 3.9Ghz all cores.

That clock might be arbitrary but for me that speed is a nice balance between performance and heat. (idle 49 degrees/Load 60 degrees)

My game settings are all maxed out and I even watch Netflix while playing. So far not a single crash after turning off BPO.

Hope this helps someone with a Ryzen setup. As I am Team Red I have no idea if this will help Team Blue's.

Message 1746 of 1,756 (2,574 Views)

★★ Expert

Fault bucket 1573269876711601223, type 5
Event Name: BEX64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: R5Apex.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 5f5823f9
P4: StackHash_c804
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 00000000
P7: PCH_A5_FROM_unknown+0x0000000000000000
P8: c0000005
P9: 0000000000000008
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7860.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER79C9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER79D9.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER79D7.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER79E8.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_R5Apex.exe_378577a79e4b5c970b05c59f94b135caf67cb1_6909201b_0794983d-5f89-40cf-bd2d-179178f51e1e

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 8e23b77e-b7ad-42a1-89bc-fe15aee63552
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 39c91e1a1a4d35dbf5d5609e0937b447
Cab Guid: 0

Message 1747 of 1,756 (2,300 Views)

★★ Novice

Please install AVX: 2 will solve any crash problems.

Message 1748 of 1,756 (2,225 Views)

★★ Novice
@DurexVN88 go to bios-> AVX offset: 2
Message 1749 of 1,756 (2,220 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@Scuffery wrote:

Finally found the fix for me. I have an i9-9900k CPU and 2080ti. I don't play this game that much but decided to play with my friends recently for Season 4. Crashed every other game if not every game. One second I'm playing, the next second I'm staring at my desktop. I don't know much about this but for me, it turns out it is related to the CPU and the AVX instruction set.

Upon doing more research, it looks like not many programs even use the AVX instruction set which is what I changed to stop the frequent crashing. Might be why no one can find a solution to this problem I guess. So anyway, I went into my bios settings and set my settings to default (which you may or may not have to do, but I'd recommend it to be safe) and then proceeded to change "AVX offset" value to -2. It was set to "Auto" by default for me which I guess pushed the CPU too hard or something. This finally fixed it for me after trying literally everything else. Hope it helps you guys too. Cheers! ^^

After trying virtually everything, this is what solved it for me. The game does still crash sparingly, but not NEARLY as much. Thank you!

Message 1750 of 1,756 (2,165 Views)