Apex legends crashing without error

by SadsowTeHegehawg

Original Post

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

★★★ Novice

"So, a fix that legit worked for me, 144hz monitor RX 480, I capped my fps in command line, +fps_max 110. This fixed the crashing for me, every few games I upped it, eventually ending at 135, crash free after probably 20+ hours of gameplay. BUT, if I uncap fps at +fps_max 0, crashes resume."

"This worked for me too. After the patch, I crashed 3 times in a row after launching from the ship. After capping my fps at 110, I was able to play 3 games without crashing"

Anyone coming in, please try this. It fixed my crashes, try just capping your FPS with command line, +fps_max 100, try capping at 100 or 110, if that works, increase incrementally e.g. if you run 144hz increase to ~130-135. I was only crashing on uncapped FPS, capping FPS completely fixed crashes for me.

TRY FPS CAP AT 100 - 110!!!

Message 1131 of 1,756 (5,852 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had a good feeling with this one, but after 3 matches i crashed again while landing. So another placebo :/

Message 1132 of 1,756 (5,754 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This weekend I upgraded my RAM from 8gb 3000mhz to 16gb 3200 mhz.

It has been 3 full days with no crashes. I'm not sure what this had to do with anything, but I am no longer crashing after the upgrade.

Message 1133 of 1,756 (5,691 Views)

★★★ Novice

I found a fix to the crashing issue for my PC and have been playing for 2 days without crashing, By putting +fps_max 60 in my launch options. I believe depending on your system you have to change it higher or lower. I am pretty confident that it will fix your crashing, you just have to tinker with the value till its right for your system. (I saw a number of other people recommending using the +fps_max X launch option in this thread, but its crucial to find your own value until it doesn't crash) .

I hope this helps someone!

Message 1134 of 1,756 (5,667 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi all - if you are experiencing the PC crash to desktop with NO ERROR you may want to have a read of my detailed analysis: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Detailed-analysis-of-no-error-PC-crash-GPU-utilisation-is.... Interested in any feedback people may have.

Message 1135 of 1,756 (5,644 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue:

i5-4670k

Z87 motherboard

16GB DDR3

Vega 56

Message 1136 of 1,756 (5,574 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have had this problem since about the second day.

These are my current specs:

i5-4690k @ 3.5GHz

Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 16GB

Gigabyte R9 390 8GB

Asus H81M-E Micro ATX

Win 10 Pro

I would be able to get into a game, and then more often than not, the game would freeze and then crash to the desktop with no error code. In the event viewer, there would be an error in the logs stating 'bad_module_info". This would occur every time I crash.

Then I recently purchased a GTX 1070 and put that into my machine. I was able to play about 2 games until a different kind of crash occurred. Now the game would just crash out of nowhere. No freeze. And now there is no error in the event viewer. The only thing related to the game that shows up in the event viewer is "File System Filter 'EasyAntiCheatSys' (Version 6.1, ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎24T04:26:48.000000000Z) unloaded successfully." and that is just listed as information.

Hopefully this info can help.

Message 1137 of 1,756 (5,550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

My final reply..

Btw in regards to my earlier post about uninstalling. I just want to be clear - this has been since day one.

Not only have I tried the recent cap in FPS in the launch options, but I have capped my frame rate via my GPU. It extends beyond the crashing without error, and or the disconnect from ea network. 

How many of you get days where the game won't even launch past easy anti-cheat? I mean TBH, it's absolute *. The lack of customer support is even worse imo. I've tried to maintain positive. I think if you view my post history you will see I have tried to be the one saying, "give them time, give them time."

But I can't hold hope high any longer. The game is in an unplayable state and imo it seem's it is isolated to the majority of their AMD customers and a % of their intel customers. So I guess at this point it's whoever is their larger player base they more than likely will listen to. Either that or they're really gearing this game towards console and it should have never been launched in this state for PC. 

but tbh...it seems a is well on it's way to cash shopping the heck out of this game. I mean before the game is even stable on all platforms they've already arranged a twitch prime deal.

smh...

Later folks Teeth bared

Message 1138 of 1,756 (5,545 Views)

★★★ Novice

Checked Event Viewer of the exact time of my crash.

File System Filter 'EasyAntiCheatSys' (Version 6.1, ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎24T22:26:48.000000000Z) unloaded successfully.

looks like EasyAntiCheat is causing issues.

Message 1139 of 1,756 (5,588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I crash more when playing with a party of 3 I noticed.  They are all running Nvidia and I have RX580.  They don't crash nearly as much as I do.  When I move into a party of two I still crash but much less often.  Same if I solo queue.  

Message 1140 of 1,756 (5,622 Views)