Re: Apex Legends Freezing and Crashing

by omgWrongHole_TTV

Original Post

Game closing (after the game launched)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

Ok - so i have searched everywhere on the internet about this issue. It's really difficult to google because of errors similar to this but not quite the same.

First the problem: since the game released - i have the issue ever so often, that my game goes to the very first loading screen (the one after the logos) and then it closes itself. When i try to reopen the game it fails again and again. After like... 30 - 50 tries the game starts and stays open. (I can play normally after that point).  i think it's important to mention, that this doesn't always happen. Some days i can start the game - no problemo. Other days it has the mentioned issue.

Things i have tried:

- reinstalling the game

- changing harddrives

- repairing the game

- reinstall easy anti cheat

- remove all games that also use easy anti cheat

- relocated easy anti cheat

- cleared origin cache

- disabled all overlays

- disabled anti virus

- closed discord

- downgrading my graphic card driver

- update my graphic card driver

- clear my windows cache

- clear windows appdata cache

- clear windows temp folder

- removed all start parameters from the game

- restart my machine

- restart origin

- reinstalled visual C++

- uninstalled visual studio and visual C distributions from VS

- a combination of a lot of things from above (too many to further list)

my specs:

- Intel Core i7 -6700K 4.0 GHz

- 16GB Ram

- Geforce RTX 2080ti

- Windows 10

This error is not related to the "solution report" error with the game closing after the easy anti cheat banner. I have tried that solution already though (Just in case it also helped with this one) but to no avail.

Message 1711 of 1,756 (2,189 Views)

Re: Game closing (after the game launched)

Community Manager

@mr_adix1988 

Can you attach a DxDiag for us so we can look at your specs? Have you tried everything from the Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 1712 of 1,756 (2,161 Views)

★★ Novice

The game crashes to desktop without error after intro video at right down logo corner.

I already have 300h of gameplay, but only recently i have this problem.

Any stable fix ? i already tried everything, like unistall origin, clear cache,repair game, windows update, firewall, anti-virus, etc..

Message 1713 of 1,756 (2,098 Views)

Community Manager

@Napalm_Holymen 

You mentioned uninstalling Origin. Did you download the latest version here. That seemed to fix it for others.

We have a couple solutions that worked for others in the link below.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Crash-during-Intro-game-startup-Fix/m-p/7639303/highlight...

Blueberry.png
Message 1714 of 1,756 (2,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My game crashes since i started playing it i did go threw the internet and i tryed everything i found since 2 months after the release of this game.
I did EVERYTHING i was able to do the only thing i did not do is reinstall windows i do not know anymore what else to do i just want to play this * game bcs i have alot of fun with this game and i just want to * play it its so anoying since month not any * fix.

Message 1715 of 1,756 (2,073 Views)

★★ Novice

i solved this problem, but i can't explain how it works. Start game, connect to server, than go to serviced, restart Windows Audio and return to game - freezes go away, But when i do that - my micro offs, so i have to write to my teammates =(

Message 1716 of 1,756 (2,033 Views)

Community Manager

*UPDATE*

Patch 1.1.3 went live today. Here is the most recent update surrounding crashes via Respawn.

[PC ONLY] CRASHES SPECIFIC TO INTEL CPUs

We investigated the crash reports from many people who were crashing frequently and found that Intel CPUs sometimes were not executing the instructions properly in one particular function. A common example was an instruction that only reads a register crashed on writing to invalid memory. With the help of many forum users, we found that lowering the clock speed always fixed the crashes, even if the CPU wasn't overclocked or overheating. Thanks everyone, with a big shout out to Falkentyne, TEZZ0FIN0, JorPorCorTTV and MrDakk!

This has been by far the most commonly reported PC crash over the last month or so and we’ve notified Intel about the issue. In the meantime, we’ve put a workaround in this patch to avoid the crashing at your original clock speeds just by changing the instructions used by that one function. Please continue to send your crash logs to our forums so we can analyze and fix any issues you encounter!

Full Patch Notes

Blueberry.png
Message 1717 of 1,756 (1,979 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Welp, never had this crash until this patch and seems they broke it for me. I guess I'm done with Apex.

Message 1718 of 1,756 (1,998 Views)

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

★★★ Newbie

There are many methods to solve these issues, We have come across the same issue with Apex Legend like continuous force close. Then I searched the internet and there are many methods that could help. But I have used this method to get rid of such issues.

Source: Ways to Fix Apex Legends Crashing Without Error

Message 1719 of 1,756 (1,805 Views)

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

★★★★ Novice

-novid +fps_max 140 -refresh 144 -fullscreen -forcenovsync -threads 16 -high

Message 1720 of 1,756 (1,373 Views)