by MrAmG17

Original Post

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

★★★★★ Apprentice
Since yesterday Apex crashes every round. wtf
Message 1551 of 1,756 (1,388 Views)

★★ Guide

Same here, the crashing became unbearable since yesterday...

Message 1552 of 1,756 (1,378 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

This doesnt HELp. Still randomly crashes. If i lower the game or i dont it doesnt matter. FPS also doesnt matter. RANDOm crashes. FIX THIS BUG EA!!!

Message 1553 of 1,756 (1,199 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello folks,

I've had this problem as well, crashing randomly without any sort of error message. 

I believe I've tried all of the methods listed on the internet.

Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself right now but since I turned "Obituaries" off my game hasn't crashed once, I've probably played 40-50 games since. Before I made this change I crashed probably 7/10 games, randomly, in the start, midgame, endgame. 

So try this one, don't think I've seen anyone mention this one out there.

Obituaries can be found under Gameplay.

If I'm not mistaken, I think PUBG had this very problem as well in the beginning, with the killfeed. 

I still launch Apex in compabilitymode, max fps 100, lowest settings, FOV.. everything and  origin disabled ingame. Since it's working I'm not really into changing anything right now.

Let me know if it works.

Good luck!

Message 1554 of 1,756 (1,170 Views)

Community Manager

@MrAmG17 wrote:
This kind of work. I have AMD card RX570(8gb) .. i fmy games runs 100+ fps it randomly crashes. Now i set this parameter ir game launch +fps_max 75 AND enabled AMD chill to be min:40 to max:60 fps. Did not have a crash yet. Ill keep all of you updated.

@MrAmG17 

You mentioned this a while back. I assume that you started experiencing some crashes again, did you try capping the frame rate at 60? If you're getting a crash with no error, try looking at the error event viewer to see if you have a mad_module error in there. It looks like that's the culprit showing up for most Legends. We have a discussion on that HERE where we are gathering as much info as we can around it. 

Can you attach a DxDiag for us, @MrAmG17?

Blueberry.png
Message 1555 of 1,756 (1,164 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah i checked it said that error in event viewer. ill upload dxdiag info
Message 1556 of 1,756 (1,108 Views)

★★ Novice

Change my GPU from an AMD R9 390 to a Nvidia RTX 2070 now I get a different error.

This is ridiculous...

Message 1557 of 1,756 (1,097 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Fix please -- Still an issue. 

Message 1558 of 1,756 (1,826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

After playing for almost 2 weeks without any crashes, today it started again. Nothing has changed on my system that could trigger it, it just started crashing randomly, again. I've been playing with a 90 FPS limit, with some low/medium settings in-game and the process priority set to Above Normal in regedit and this seemed to fix it for me. Now, I've crashed 5/5 when lauching from the drop ship, mid air and I don't even see an error anymore in Event Log. I've got an RX 480 Strix, i5 6500, 16GB 2133hz on Windows 10 Education with the latest updates. 

Message 1559 of 1,756 (1,790 Views)

★ Apprentice

This game is crashing so much, that windows event viewer is not even logging the errors anymore.

Message 1560 of 1,756 (1,712 Views)