Re: Apex legends crashing without error

To everyone; this helped for me

I did the following:

First:
- Put my monitor on 144hz
- Nvidia settings on 144hz for my monitor
- Turned off G-sync

After that:

1. Go to START/ type RUN enter/ type TEMP enter/ continue/ delete the contents of the folder
3. Run RAMMap and go to top Empty -> Empty working sets
4. Go to the folder where your Apex is installed ( mine is C:\games\Apex\__Installer\customcomponent\EasyAntiCheat ) and run the Repair service for Respawn Demo
5. Enter Apex game and before clicking to enter the lobby press CTRL+ALT+DEL then Task Manager then Details then find EasyAntiCheat.exe right click Set Priority to Low
6. Dont close Task Manager from the above step and go to Services then on the bottom left you will have Open Services search for EasyAntiCheat right click Propreties and from the Recovery tab and put all three to Restart the Service and from the bottom tab put Restart the Service after 0 minutes

You will need to run steps 4, 5, 6, 7 every time you run the game or you encounter strutters or freezes.

My system:
Acer Predator XB241H - 180hz
Intel Core i5-9600K - OC all 6 cores to 4.8Ghz
Asus ROG STRIX GTX1080 8G
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 SSD
G.Skill Aegis F4 3000 16GB - OC to 3200
Message 1471 of 1,756 (1,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

For everybody with AMD FX CPUs experiencing issues.. after trying out countless so called "fixes", I finally found something that did infact get rid of ALL my problems.

I simply disabled the 5th and 6th core in BIOS and it fixed it all for me.. No more freezes, disconntects, crashes or anything. It just runs flawlessly now and I'm still absolutely baffled about it.

There seems to be some weird problem with the core affinities on FX CPUs and there's multiple methods out there trying to solve this problem. Feel free to try whichever you deem best. I can't say anything about the other methods but simply disabling core 5 & 6 in BIOS did the job for me and the performance also seems to be the same. I'll just stick with that for now until Respawn puts out an actual fix.

I mean, it's obviously not a permanent solution, rather a temporary workaround but I'm just happy I can play the game without any issues for now... long have I waited 

Message 1472 of 1,756 (1,156 Views)

★★ Apprentice

100+++ pages and many topics about game crashes, and what they do in an update, NEW *** WEAPON! Yeah, that's would have been cool, if I had a chance to use it at least for 10 minutes. 

At the very beginning of the game (just when it was released) it was so awesome, finally, cool, fun, balanced game with no real money influence on it; oh, and it worked perfectly. 
Don't know what happened, it crashes 90% of the time. Yesterday 3 games in a row (with further restart of client again) crashed the game (2 with can't read/write error, one silent quit to desktop). Since it all happened within 5 minutes, I just quit the game and never launched it that day. Will try today with new 4**.35 drivers from nvidia. 
If no response will come from corresponding people about the fix, me personally (and I assume many others) will just quit playing the game. Luckily everything else works fine.

system specs: i5-3750K, H61MX, 8Gb ddr3, GTX760, windows 7 pro

Message 1473 of 1,756 (1,142 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@GA-DivineKNGSorry to break it to you but, you're going to crash again, Many people have tried this fix and it worked for awhile, however the issue with crashing came back. Disabling cores 5 and 6 will fix lobby stability, and mitigate crashes. You will face a wall like many people including myself, where you randomly will play the game and everything is A okay, however, you will randomly crash about 3-4 times out of every 10 games; especially when you're in the last 2 squads which can be triggering.

It's kind of unfair and stupid that people have to degrade their PC just to play this one game (which is awesome by the way). I personally reactivated my cores and I'm just playing other games, next week I'm upgrading my PC and I will give this game another go, maybe running a i7-8700k processor with a nice nvidia graphics card will have less issues with bugs and crashes. It really sucks that people experience these crashes, I hope sooner than later they fix the issue because I really want to see the game survive, and I want everyone despite their PC setup to be able to play apex. I hope things get better for everyone, pray for Apex Legends!

Message 1474 of 1,756 (1,102 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@YoungSpawn89have you even looked at your event viewer? do you have the bad_module_info application error? you can always retrieve logs for anything that has happened on your computer if you know where to look, this one being the easiest as you are running an application called Apex Legends.

Stop being ignorant. If the developers aren't able to get the logs they need to fix the crashes then it will never be fixed.

You can get off your * and help by digging through your computer instead of posting garbage on the forums.

Message 1475 of 1,756 (1,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@LordKennyzTTV Hmm.. Yea, I suspected this "fix" might be old news already but this thread has so many pages by now, I wasn't going to check. Just wanted to share what worked for me..

I've been playing like that for 3 days now though and didn't even experience a minor freeze so far.. I'll just pray it stays that way for now.

And I'd love to just upgrade ofc but I'm a poor college student and neither can nor want to invest hundreds of dollars to play a f2p game... Hopefully, they'll fix these issues soon.

Message 1476 of 1,756 (1,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@GA-DivineKNGI totally understand you on being a poor college student, I am one to lol xD, however, I got lucky that my parents gave me a lot of money to upgrade my computer for my birthday and as an early graduation present.

When I first did the disable core fix I played for about 2-4 days without any issues, then I started to have small crashes and then it progressively got more worse. It was really random, almost like the weather, somedays you crash a lot some days you don't or some days you crash here and there. I faced crashes for about 3 days straight which was really unbearable. I just decided to not play the game until the issue got fix or I upgrade my PC.

If the game isn't crashing for you in the next few days, I'll deactivate my cores and play apex till my pc parts come tbh lol. I hope they do fix the crashing issue soon as well. Good luck to you, hope the crashes are in fact fully fix for you.

The disable core fix does however, eliminate freezes in lobby and in game completely.

Message 1477 of 1,756 (1,059 Views)

Community Manager

@hryspin wrote:

@EA_BlueberryI have a second monitor and NO i don't disconect this for apex ;p (i have discord on second monitor) i try last time off texture but if crash i delet this game i think.

Would you mind performing these three tests and let me know if it crashes?

1. Play the game with Discord not running
  2. Play the game with Discord running but your second monitor detached
  3. Play the game with both Discord not running and the second monitor detached
Blueberry.png
Message 1478 of 1,756 (1,057 Views)

To everyone: I totally get the frustration of everyone, but the devs already mentioned a few times the crashes are top priority for them. It's just not that easy to fix unfortunately. 

If it would have been an easy fix, they would have patched it already and pushed an update. But even if they find a fix they first need to get approval before they can push it, which can take days again. 

I know little about development, but I do know about marketing and it would be just dumb for a company to constantly talk and mention the negatives of their product. If they did, they would've been a terrible company imo.

You can read more about their approach on crashes here: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/av86d6/respawn_check_in_2262019/

More info/fun here: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/

Let's try to be patient and provide them with as much details and experiences as we can, not things like: FIX YOUR GAME1!1!#. But rather helpful information that they can use to create a fix. That will actually help and be beneficial to every legend here.

Message 1479 of 1,756 (1,038 Views)

★ Apprentice

The thing is that a lot of people have been really patient for a whole month now. The only thing we really got was an update one week ago, that was basically saying "Just wait more" which isnt very satisfying to hear. I get that being annoying wont get you anywhere and doesn't help the devs to fix the crashes faster, but at what point is it taking too long to fix the issues? 
I tried nearly every single solution presented in the guide or via posts here and I am still crashing every 2nd or 3rd game, which sucks because the game is really great. 

Message 1480 of 1,756 (1,196 Views)