I8350k clocked at 4.7hz

VEGA 56

G.SKILL DDR4 3200MHZ 16GB

It crashes

Ryzen 1600x stock

Gtx 1060 / gtx 980ti

G.skill 2400mhz

Works perfect, no crashes.

Time to take a look at the Ram settings. Will lower the frequentie and keep this posted

Message 1331 of 1,756 (1,797 Views)

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
i made to many changes to know witch one actualy helped , but i have like 10hours with no crash so far , Everything with * is probably why it crashes more

ingame settings 720p Everything is on low for me ram is 2gb and the render optimization is set to 100fps (i dont think this matters tho)

Origin launcher Run This Program as administrator

*Radeon settings Enable GPU Scaling on , i think nvidia has this as well no idea if it works , i THINK i cannot confirm due to randomness that this reduces crashes a bit

*r5apex.exe , Disable FullScreen Optimizatios,Run As Administrator, Change High Dpi Settings-Override high dpi scale Set To Application

*Origin Game Properties: -novid +exec autoexec.cfg -fullscreen +cl_showfps 4 -freq 144 -high

*Another thing that i found mentioned was EasyAntiCheat aparently can go crazy at mid/lategame during a game and might be the cause for crashing , so after you launch the game go Task Manager-Details-EasyAntiCheat and Set priority to Low , didnt confirm this one but hey

in the Apex/cfg/autoexec.cfg (this has to be manualy added,not sure if this really matters but at least i think the fps cap works )

mat_motion_blur_falling_intensity 0
mat_motion_blur_falling_max 0
mat_motion_blur_falling_min 0
mat_motion_blur_forward_enabled 0

mat_motion_blur_percent_of_screen_max 0

mat_motion_blur_rotation_intensity 0
mat_motion_blur_strength 0
fps_max 120

if you want 10-40 more fps you can also go in C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local , and videoconfig.txt , edit

"setting.r_lod_switch_scale" "0.6" , i dont recomend going to low but i use 0.2 essentialy it greatly reduces the distance before objects get higher poly counts altho it looks a bit weird seeing rocks constantly morph when you get closer , under 0.2 you get weird stuff so i dont recomend it

"setting.csm_enabled" "1" , if you change this to 0 you compleatly remove shadows , as this game allways has them on by default and you can only add them on low ingame

Note if you change anything in this text u need to make it Read-only or the game will change it every time you close it , also NEVER change any settings in video ingame or it will reset these settings and you need to restart , essentialy if u make any option changes it will rever to 0.6 and 1 , so after you finalize any setting never change them ingame

If this fixes it for you , please gift me a better pc :} jk nobody cares hope it helps anyway

Message 1332 of 1,756 (1,719 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I’ve been experiencing no error crashing (crashing straight to desktop) every 2-3 games and it’s a joke.. I love the game but I find it hard to want to play thinking it could crash any moment!

I’m no expert so I just tweak a few things even just randomly but i haven’t crashed in the past 3 days!.. I could just be lucky but thought I would share if it is somthing stupid like these.

1. I removed the anti-cheat setup file from the apex folder. ( just in case it was conflicting with the main anti-cheat program installed) 

2. I disabled usage sharing from the tab Gameplay in Apex Legends.

let me know if anyone has any luck with this or I’m just on a lucky run! 

**** update **** (posted this few days back)

All week I haven’t crashed and have been on daily! + cranked up the graphics settings! 

Message 1333 of 1,756 (1,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

------------

Message 1334 of 1,756 (1,607 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, I play and suddenly crash without any error just shutdown game. 

Message 1335 of 1,756 (1,580 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The game is crashing without an error all the time since day one . I tried everything but  still no fix. Frown

If Respawn Entertainment cant find the problem for this crash why don't they try to put a reconnect to match button or something like that.

I think its time for me to uninstall the game Devil ... Maybe some day they will  fix it and we all gonna be able to play this game.

Message 1336 of 1,756 (1,486 Views)

★★ Novice

anyone from ea looking at this *?

Message 1337 of 1,756 (1,307 Views)

★★★★ Novice

2 random crashes w/o error message.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/387645104

https://www.twitch.tv/lustw/clip/TangibleMoralPepperoniGOWSkull

i5 7300hq

GTX 1060 6gb 

16 gb ram

1920*1080, all graphics on low

nvidia quality low

it happens with both drivers recommanded on the forum, also happens with the last nvidia. 

Message 1338 of 1,756 (1,284 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I was crashing every other game. With amd fx6300 then I tried to set cores to 4.  Set some fps and turned off mic completely in windows sounds.  And boom no crashes no disconnecting. Funny but I was about to give it up like lot of u. But now two days only one crash. Hopefully s not gonna come back. I'm getting use to it to finish off the game regularly.  Also when I party up with friends before I always froze and get kicked by error connection time out. Now it's gone also. So it's kinda worth to try those things. Especially there is a thing with windows sounds. And with that in services it stops connection lost. But I had to disabled microphone to get rid of those crashes at all. There is  guide how to do it here in threads somewhere. Try it and u ll see. 

Message 1339 of 1,756 (1,487 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Another update and another crashing.
Month after release and still cant fix it.

Well done

Message 1340 of 1,756 (1,275 Views)