Re: Apex legends crashing without error

by hamsta007

Original Post

★★ Novice

Hello,

Same bug (8700K / GTX 970 SLI)

Game close withou error.

Nom de l’application défaillante bad_module_info, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x00000000
Nom du module défaillant : unknown, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x00000000
Code d’exception : 0x00000000
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0000000000000000
ID du processus défaillant : 0x34d4
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d4cb9de00716ac
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : bad_module_info
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: unknown
ID de rapport : fed2b323-fa0e-4340-ad9b-625f5bda28b9
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

Message 1251 of 1,756 (1,783 Views)

★ Apprentice

Do we have here in forum some user with PC experiences which may tell us if searching on google for some kind fix is worth it? .. or should we just wait

Message 1252 of 1,756 (1,720 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Limiting the FPS is worked for me. No crashes.

But 75 or 60 FPS didn't work. Only when I limited to 40. I suppose it depends on hardware used

Message 1253 of 1,756 (2,504 Views)

★★★ Novice
This kind of work. I have AMD card RX570(8gb) .. i fmy games runs 100+ fps it randomly crashes. Now i set this parameter ir game launch +fps_max 75 AND enabled AMD chill to be min:40 to max:60 fps. Did not have a crash yet. Ill keep all of you updated.
Message 1254 of 1,756 (2,448 Views)

★★ Novice

is there any announcement that they are even trying to fix this?

i can't play!

Message 1255 of 1,756 (2,398 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its been 3 weeks and no update or any information about this I highly doubt its going to be fix any time soon need to release new weapons and skins first you know get them microtransation going first we are the minority big streamers aren't crashing so they don't care. 

Message 1256 of 1,756 (2,028 Views)

★★ Novice

This game in freaking unplayable,trying to play the game 5 days now and i get crash without error all the time in the fist 5 mins of every game.

Good game.

Message 1257 of 1,756 (1,958 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I found the problem.

** This solution is for people that have perflib/perfnet errors when they go in start menu, event viewer, windows, application around the times the game crashed **

It's due to windows superfetch. You have to disable the service. It tries to pre fetch the data based on what it expects you to do, like what games you usually open at time X etc. When you have a drastic texture change happening, like going out of a building, dropping, respawning, spectating, it tries to use the texture data stored by superfetch and fails to do so. Windows perfomance monitor catches the error and terminates the program.

The shittier your computer is, the more often it happens, but it doesnt matter it could happen on any system.

You have to disable superfetch in the services. It might also be called prefetch or sysmain. It's also compltely useless on any modern system and HDD

Google how to do it. You need a small registry tweak.

the tldr if you're tech friendly and on windows 10: (i think it is the same patch but different names on previous versions)

STEP 0: optional: start menu, restore point, create a restore point (in case you dont trust yourself playing with the registry, back it up)

STEP 1: start menu, services.msc, (stop it then disable it), disable superfetch and or prefetch and or sysmain

STEP 2: start menu, regedit, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters
  , change the value of the key "enable prefetcher" to 0. (doesnt matter if hexa of decimal 0 is still 0)
STEP 3: reboot your computer, check again in services if the service is still off.

Technically, the responsible for crashing apex is the performance monitor. But I do no recommend turning that one off. If you're really desperate though, it could be the final solution

I ALSO RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING:
- start menu, task manager, go through that list and turn off or chill out the frequency on all those useless tasks like hourly microsoft office updates etc
- start menu, services.msc, stop and disable windows search

- make sure you DO NOT have apex, origin and easycheat on "run as admin" from trying ideas from this thread. This could make things unstable.

P.S. the FPS cap works because you just use less data from the prefetch. You wont need to pull it as often with a lower cap. It's always a good idea to try that, and lower any texture related graphic options until you get it to work

What SHOULD happen if you had the same error type as i did: you'll get lag spikes when it used to crash, the lag spike when you just know it's gonna crash. But then it doesnt, and 2s later you're back to shooting smoothly

Message 1258 of 1,756 (1,935 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It literally crashed the first game after I did this.

Message 1259 of 1,756 (1,895 Views)

★★ Novice

didn't help
just use windowed mode i have 75% less crashes in it

Message 1260 of 1,756 (2,088 Views)